A winner in Edge-Online's Get Into Games Challenge 2013, Let There Be Life is a watercolor painting come to life. It offers the player a calm, peaceful environment to unwind, experiment and let creativity flow. Perfect for anyone who is -or ever was- a child!
*Let There Be Life is currently on Steam Greenlight - if it succeeds, we will gladly offer Steam keys to anyone who purchases the game from here!
- Adding leaves increases the health of the trees, but...
- Plants on the ground below will die if placed in too much shadow!
- The farther you extend branches, the more health is added by new leaves (think multiplier).
- Mushrooms like shadows, and a fully grown mushroom resets the light for nearby plants.
- A variety of playful wildlife to unlock and interact with throughout the game.
- The real goal is not to "beat" the 34 different levels, but to create trees you're happy with.
“...beautiful hand drawn artwork, gorgeous interplay of light and shadow, and relaxing gameplay.”
“It's a great game to play at the end of a long day...allowing for creativity within gentle restrictions and with lovely art and music.”
- Indie Games: The Weblog
“Let There Be Life might just be the most peaceful game there is.”
- Pocket Gamer
Game Press Kit:
"If you're looking for a puzzle game that will give you a chance to relax and exercise your inner artist, then Let There Be Life from husband and wife developer Backward pieS is exactly what you want. " - Read More
"If you’re looking for something a little more relaxing then some of the violent orchestra’s coming out this month, make sure to try out Let There Be Life; let your mind take solace and be at ease. " - Read More