Also redeem on:
Mondrian - Abstraction in Beauty is a block breaking game that utilizes all 360 degrees. Inspired by the works of the De Stijl masters’ limitations on form and color, Mondrian - Abstraction in Beauty takes an abstract look at the history of video game art, through unlockable features like paddles, balls, powerups, and screen effects. The game is dynamically generated, with millions of level combinations and endless replayability.
- Break out of the boring, vertical-only block breaking experience with 360 degree freedom of motion.
- Over 48,000,000 possible combinations in level generation
- Collect gems to unlock goodies like paddles, balls, powerups, wall shapes, visual styles and more.
- Level packs and museum galleries based on other games for an in-depth look at video game art history.
- Play the game your way with adjustable gameplay options and level pack selection. * Inspirational quotes by Piet Mondrian
Note: XBox 360 Controller Drivers for Windows are required to play. If you experience difficulty starting the game, you should download these direct from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
Current Version: 1.3.1
- Revamped logo!
- One new Hexagon and one new Star level for the Plastic pack
- Level Layouts are now determined OUTSIDE of the level, during fades from the Main Menu and Gem Chest! Furthermore, level generation has been split into 3-4 events per layout. This means miniscule improvements on load times, but also much greater stability on load and should reduce the chance of the game crashing or hanging when generating a level
- Ball Pause - This new feature pauses the ball for just a few frames when Bombs, Wall Locks, and Wildcards activate, to help alleviate visual confusion
- Ball Pause will also trigger when a number of gems (equal to your current difficulty + 2) are present on screen
- Further collision detection has been added to the paddle, specifically behind it, to allow the ball to slide past the paddle when the ball ends up between it and the wall
- Added a Quit Prompt to Gem Chest screen
- Added Difficulty selection to Main Menu after choosing your game type. This was spurred on by not seeing many leaderboard entries in difficulties other than Easy. Hopefully this brings on some new scores!
- Local Leaderboards added to Arcade Mode! Now when you submit your score, you'll be prompted to enter 3 initials to save to your Top 10 for the current Difficulty. Your scores will upload to Steam at the same time, if you are connected. Steam Leaderboards will still use your Steam name.
- Added Quit Prompt in Gem Chest
- Flipped and Monochrome can now be used at the same time!
- Added backgrounds to Main Menu and Credits screens
- Removed Difficulty selection from Gameplay Options menu
- Night Mode improvements including redesigned backgrounds and drastically lowering the alpha of the Gem Chest backgrounds
- Lowered difficulty of Corestar Easy by removing corner gray blocks
- Removed requirement for a controller to be attached in order to make the "Input Type" label say different things in the Options menu
- Added clarification on the "Input Type" flavor text
- Adjusted size of Gem Paddle side detectors
- Added an extra line of collision detection to side detectors
- Made some adjustments to Gem Chest menu bar colors
- Increased range of brightness on blocks in Monochrome
- Backgrounds now flip upside-down in Flipped mode
- Fixed Bomb animation sometimes not vanishing after the appropriate amount of time
- Fixed a bug where having Checkerbox selected would load Mirrobox levels, and vice versa
- Fixed an incorrect label in the museum
- Fixed a long outstanding bug where the ball would warp to the front of the paddle when the ball ended up between the wall and the paddle
- Fixed a bug where having Monochrome and Flipped activate simultaneously would cause controls to invert
- Fixed a bug in the Gem Chest screen where the keyboard or controller could not be used after the mouse had already selected a menu option
- Fixed Scoop Paddle's Right Detector being the incorrect height
- Fixed a bug where Shuristar may not have been properly selectable in the Options menu
- Fixed Octohex requiring the wrong amount of gems to be unlocked in the Boutique
- Fixed keyboard/controller presses not working on Restore Data
- Fixed Enter Key being finnicky on Main Menu
- Fixed controller image not rumbling on Controller Rumble setting
- Fixed a missing block in Metabox Relaxing
- Fixed the game defaulting to the Monochrome Color Scheme
- Fixed Gem Paddle Side Detectors not being tall enough to work
- 2/22/2017: Fixed the Input option being unselectable with Keyboard/Controller in the Options menu
"If Mondrian — Abstraction in Beauty manages to blend the wildness of Pollock and the abstracted grids of namesake, it will definitely be quite a sight to behold. " - Read More