Board index ‹ IndieGameStand ‹ IndieGameStand Discussion ‹
Shin Samurai Jazz [Jan 7th-10th]
This is the place for all things IndieGameStand. Discuss IGS website updates, features, deals and issues etc.
January 7th, 2014, 8:01 pm
Shin Samurai Jazz is a platform-adventure game. It combines the likes of film noir and samurai cinema, presenting them with 8-bit graphics, an electro-jazz soundtrack, and a comic/manga-like style creating a unique atmosphere.
Unlike it's predecessor, samurai_jazz, Shin Samurai Jazz features jumping mechanics inspired by chuunori, an old technique used in kabuki theatre to give the illusion of flying. It's combat mechanics are more combo-based with the ability to juggle enemies and perform mid-air combinations also inspired by chuunori. While the adventure elements remain intact, the puzzles are more complex with varied level designs and enemy placements/attack patterns that make use of the game's mechanics. And while the game retains that 8-bit vibe, regenerating health and infinite lives/continues are fairly implement to relieve players of some of that Golden-Era frustration.
- Adventure through an 8-bit city and free it from it's pixelated nightmare
- Chuunori inspired platforming with double-jumping, wall-jumping, and aerial dashing abilities
- Perform attack combinations on land or in mid-air and juggle enemies to overcome their strategic placement and attack patterns
- Solve puzzles that'll test your platforming skills and tease the brain a bit
- Supports Xbox 360 controllers
- Play a retro game without some of those retro frustrations. We're all in the mood for a retro game every now and then...
Return to IndieGameStand Discussion