Board index Gaming Indie Games Indie of the Year Awards

Indie of the Year Awards

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Moderators: reg_igs, ben_igs

Post December 10th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Not all knows, but there is Indie of the Year Awards taking place on IndieDB (Desura) right now...and first stage is already almost finished.
So, i think peoples should go vote and, maybe IGS should put one of the badges http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indi ... /promotion or something? Not like IGS is part of Desura, but most games here is still Desura-based. Would be nice sign of appreciation and gratitude.

Post December 10th, 2013, 9:16 pm
PlayerReview User avatar

Agreed.. I know people in IRC have been voting. Maybe that was something else though.

Post December 10th, 2013, 9:35 pm

First stage of voting finished...now Desura will roll out top 100 of qualified games to vote again. Surprisingly, a lot of developers noticed Award only in late stage.
Hope IGS will put badge here too :)

Post December 11th, 2013, 5:34 pm

So, they announced top100. Bleh :(
Most games i voted for is out of nominees - http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indi ... rds/top100
But we can vote for TRI for example.

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:03 pm
mgnade User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

IMO the Desura top100 IndieDB awards are based too much on existing popularity/rank on IndieDB - they don't do a good job pointing out more obscure overlooked gems.

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:13 pm
GnomeSlice User avatar

mgnade wrote:
IMO the Desura top100 IndieDB awards are based to much on existing popularity/rank on IndieDB - they don't do a good job pointing out more obscure overlooked gems.

Pretty much what you said. It's a popularity contest, not really a meritocracy necessarily. Also, you were able to vote on games that have been out for years, I hope they at least prune those out of the top 100...

The fact Soda Drinker Pro made it into the top 100 pretty much says it all.

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Well, in rules is said that games that have not made significant progress in 2013 is not eligible to be nominated.
But yeah, totally disappointing results. I oped to see Phr00t games in top100

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:55 pm
GnomeSlice User avatar

On the plus side, the 'upcoming games' section, while featuring almost nothing I was hoping to see, has introduced me to some totally sweet looking games that I am now tracking.

Post December 11th, 2013, 7:27 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
On the plus side, the 'upcoming games' section, while featuring almost nothing I was hoping to see, has introduced me to some totally sweet looking games that I am now tracking.

Vote for them then, since games who win is forced to make release on Desura if they not did it yet.

Return to Indie Games