Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Guns of Icarus Online [Apr 18th-22nd]

Guns of Icarus Online [Apr 18th-22nd]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post April 19th, 2013, 11:46 am

Lest see how fast they redraw and edit all that ads and say that there was never any mention of stupid Drm-free, you silly boys.

Post April 19th, 2013, 11:57 am

Toyotame wrote:
Lest see how fast they redraw and edit all that ads and say that there was never any mention of stupid Drm-free, you silly boys.

I've downloaded it, just in case. :lol:

Sigh... It's HIB all over again. They all begin as firm multiplatform and DRM-free advocates, just to throw all these principles away once they've obtained enough leverage as to attract the big fishes. I should've learned the lesson by now but I cannot help to get excited about any new game distribution service apparently akin to my thoughts. :roll:

Post April 19th, 2013, 12:04 pm

I'm just wondering if we can move this discussion to another thread? I think its a good discussion, but its clogging up this games thread and going off topic slightly.

Gun of Icarus is quite a fun game, and if you are ok with steam, its a steal at this price.

Post April 19th, 2013, 12:10 pm

It's an old pic.. It's a new decision to include Steam-only deals, I fail to see how that makes him a hypocrite. Just give them time to replace the pic.

It's not like every new deal is going to be Steam-only.. I don't see the point of complaining about it. I'm sure we'll get plenty of DRM-free deals, and they'll probably greatly outnumber the Steam-only ones.

Post April 19th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Could someone please tell me how to use the costume pack and the soundtrack after activating the key's?

Post April 19th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Kiril wrote:
I'm just wondering if we can move this discussion to another thread? I think its a good discussion, but its clogging up this games thread and going off topic slightly.

Gun of Icarus is quite a fun game, and if you are ok with steam, its a steal at this price.

Kiril did my job as a moderator, while I was blatantly failing at it - well said though, thanks for the new thread.

Post April 19th, 2013, 12:33 pm

Descrasnezul wrote:
Could someone please tell me how to use the costume pack and the soundtrack after activating the key's?

Those should come with steam keys too, no? If you're talking about actually activating them in-game after using the keys, then I'm not sure, haven't played it, sorry.

The soundtrack is probably located in your steam install directory; find the folder where steam is installed, and go to steamapps > common > guns of icarus (or whatever the name is). If it's anything like other Steam games that offer soundtrack, you should find the files in there. Probably.
Last edited by GnomeSlice on April 19th, 2013, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post April 19th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Descrasnezul wrote:

You should be able to enter the keys from your Game Wallet right into steam, no?

I'll double check when I'm out of the office for you.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post April 19th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Yes I've already copied the keys to Steam but unlike the game, there is no list it shows up in? I know there is a packed file I can just download for the music but why have a steam key for it then? If there is a way I can access the music through steam I would like to know how.

Post April 19th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Descrasnezul wrote:
Yes I've already copied the keys to Steam but unlike the game, there is no list it shows up in? I know there is a packed file I can just download for the music but why have a steam key for it then? If there is a way I can access the music through steam I would like to know how.

The captains pack unlocks outfits for customization, they should be unlocked. The soundtrack is downloaded with the game and is in your steamapps/guns of Icarus online folder

Post April 19th, 2013, 2:09 pm

I found it! Had to uninstall everything and re-install then it showed up in the folders.

Post April 19th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Descrasnezul wrote:
I found it! Had to uninstall everything and re-install then it showed up in the folders.

Sorry you had to uninstall, glad you have found them now though. The BTA is insane, usually is $32 on Steam. Really great deal this time!

Post April 19th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Toyotame wrote:
but we dont need and we wont support it.

You don't speak for everyone. I will support IGS's venture into steam games.

EDIT: And apple pies if that is the direction they decide to take thier business.

Post April 19th, 2013, 3:26 pm

TigerClawTV wrote:
Toyotame wrote:

EDIT: And apple pies if that is the direction they decide to take thier business.

Of course, Toyotame and me are a small minority. Not only here, but on the gaming scene in general. Hence I fail to understand why people are always so sensitive and hair-trigger about complaints of this sort. It's not like our opinion is going to change or influence the way IGS conducts its business. :roll:

Post April 19th, 2013, 4:29 pm

TigerClawTV wrote:
Toyotame wrote:

I expropriated right to talk from "minority" that dont happy about Steam-only deals since it look like only i here have balls to object to Steam-phage that happy about new icon in their Steam profile. Its not like that whole world is spinning around Steam, you know?

Note: yes, Steam-phage. its that i meant in first place.
Last edited by Toyotame on April 20th, 2013, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 19th, 2013, 7:38 pm

My god, that is so annoying.

First of all, fix your fucking grammar, no one's going to listen to the inane crying of someone who doesn't make sense. Second, just stop with all that annoying crying! Can we just discuss the game as this thread was meant to be used? Everyone's aired their opinions on DRM or whatnot, so let's move on, good grief.

Also, your use of the pejorative "♥♥♥♥" is so offensive I don't even know why I'm honoring you with a response. I guess all that qq really got to me.

But seriously, it's 2013, hate speech has no place here.

Who cares if this one game has DRM? Oh boohoo. Just wait till the next game geez.
Last edited by ThaPlayer on April 19th, 2013, 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post April 19th, 2013, 7:39 pm

It is great to see the variety that IGS can supply, and this game looks awesome. Any comments from those who have played it?
Last edited by Stamos on April 19th, 2013, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 19th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Please direct any Steam-DRM or DRM related comments to this thread (you know what I mean). If you feel that thread does not appropriately address the topic you want to voice, feel free to begin a new thread that does.

I don't feel that it is my right to delete comments, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the more defamatory ones removed. I also don't mind language and strong opinions, but won't tolerate hate speech. If anyone feels offended by posts, feel free to utilize the "report" option to let a moderator know that you are uncomfortable. Reports will be viewed and if they have merit then the appropriate action(s) may be taken. Reports are anonymous, except to moderators and admins with the ability to view aforementioned reports. It is likely that warnings would most likely be the initial measure taken.

This thread is for comments directly related to the Guns of Icarus Online feature. This is not a thread to argue the merits of Steam or DRM. I am a hypocrite, because I started having that conversation on this thread earlier before I realized it wasn't the appropriate place for it.

Post April 19th, 2013, 9:35 pm

I suspect Toyotame's use of the term was in the 4chan way meaning "people from or associated with". For example, New♥♥♥♥ or Minnesota♥♥♥♥ or whatever, and didn't mean it as a hate remark. At least I hope that's the case. That said, even if I'm right that's not really appropriate for use anywhere except 4chan and I'd rather not see it here.

Also, if I may defend Toyotame a bit more, not everyone is a native English speaker. This is the case here, so some grammar mis-steps should be forgiven.

As for Guns of Icarus Online itself, it's selling like gangbusters. I love seeing game sales figures smashing their way up to the top like this. The better IGS does, the more attractive it is to developers to offer their games here. And the better it is for all of us getting these sweet sweet deals.

Post April 19th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, here. I was told by someone who bought this already that it gave them three separate keys, one for the game, and one for each DLC. I've already got this game, and just wanted the DLC, so promised it to someone else. But now, after paying, it's showing me just one key (and yeah, I paid the average). Lil' help, please? :)

Edit: Found the Support link and sent a message to there.

Update: Problem resolved. Apparently I stupidly paid the visible BTA price, not realizing that was the number to pay a little more than, thus I didn't trigger the BTA for the DLC. Oops. Support fixed me right up. :)

Yeah, yeah, I'm an idjit.
Last edited by CthulhuSaves on April 20th, 2013, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Game Deals