Board index Community General Discussion All is silent on IGS

All is silent on IGS

Talk about anything!

Post December 17th, 2012, 11:23 pm

IGS forums appear to be shriveling and dying in the last couple days. Hopefully, a good game that hasn't "been around the block" comes out in a future offering to add life back into the community.

Post December 18th, 2012, 7:26 am

I have to agree with you Player it was getting some decent activity and all of the sudden it faded away.
We can work on something right away though, you wanna see?
What you guys think about WarZ release and being it on top 1 in Steam sales?
Discuss.

Post December 18th, 2012, 9:08 am

WarZ was already successful in their own right so it doesn't surprise me that it has translated to Steam. It's sort of like if Minecraft were released on Steam - it would climb the charts immediately.

Post December 18th, 2012, 8:10 pm

I noticed that, but i'm not in the loop like you two. WarZ isn't the standalone DayZ mod, right? I'm guessing that is still in the works? They mentioned way back when that DayZ was being developed as a standalone mod so it would require Arma. Anyways...

Post December 18th, 2012, 8:28 pm

WarZ is being developed by the same company that developed War Inc., a free to play shooter that is available on Steam. It has nothing to do with the DayZ standalone product, also Bohemia Interactive the guys behind the ARMA series are helping out with the DayZ standalone. This standalone version of DayZ will not require ARMA at all from what they've said so far.

Post December 19th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Guess what got removed from Steam lol.

Post December 19th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Clown Dog ways.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post December 20th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

The developers flat out lie on the Steam page, and they are money grabbers. So happy it got taken off Steam, looks like garbage in my opinion.

Post December 22nd, 2012, 10:26 pm

One of problems causing "silence" is need of registration on forum. Strangely enough registration on IGS not tied in any way with forum usersystem. Thats probably more secure, but very obscure.
So i suggestin make it easier to do. You dont really need to allow guest posts, but how about OpenID registration?
Currelntly almost all peoples have OpenID on more or less known sources like Google or even Steam, that can help to make forum more active.

Return to General Discussion