Board index Gaming Gaming General Oh no! Steam Autumn sales.

Oh no! Steam Autumn sales.

Want to talk about games that aren't indie? Do we have the forum for you!

Post November 21st, 2012, 5:58 pm

Goodbye money.

List some of your purchases if you like. I will later.

Post November 21st, 2012, 6:40 pm

I promissed I won't spend more than 20€ for every Steam sale. So here's my purchase list for Thanksgiving:
- Dungeons of Dredmor: Conquest of the Wizardlands DLC
-Hack, Slash, Loot
-X-COM: Complete Pack
-Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
-Swords and Soldiers + Super Saucy Sausage Fest DLC
And last but no means least... Indie Game: The Movie.

Post November 21st, 2012, 8:04 pm

I bought Portal 2, The Witcher 2 and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising today on Steam. Picked up Sleeping Dogs at GMG last night for way less than the Steam autumn sale ($13). I plan on spending more during the daily flash sales.

Unfortunately, I go back to my long workweeks on Monday so won't be able to play most of what I buy.

Post November 22nd, 2012, 2:36 pm

Oh noooo! So much great offers... I'm thinking about to buy Portal 2 and Awesomenauts... but my wallet is crying :(

Post November 22nd, 2012, 3:19 pm

Good deals. I'm saving my money for the Winter Sale though.

Post November 22nd, 2012, 4:51 pm

Add to my list:
Max Payne 3 (saved 3 dollars by getting through gamersgate though)
NBA 2k13 (sale at gamersgate)
Rage (steam)
Zeno Clash (99 cents on Steam)

Post November 22nd, 2012, 7:33 pm

So far I've only picked up 2 games: Intrusion 2 and Clive Barkers Jericho. Both were under 5 bucks a piece. Will probably get Max Payne 3 by the time it's over.

Post November 25th, 2012, 9:33 pm

Got Max Payne 3 and Hotline Miami yesterday. Trying to hold off on buying today, save a little money. The Steam Christmas Sale is just around the corner, haha.

Post November 26th, 2012, 10:10 pm

okay... after about $200 and too many games to name I am officially done! I do wish i got hotline miami though... i'll pick it up next time.

Post November 27th, 2012, 1:11 am

I'm thinking about buying Alan Wake. But I already owned Alan Wake's American Nightmare on GOG.com DRM free and I prefer to buy Alan Wake also DRM free... but it's so expensive on gog.com and I don't know if it becomes cheaper on GOG.com

Post November 27th, 2012, 2:00 am

The core game is quite different from the arcade-like american nightmare. I found it to be an enjoyable story, albeit not a must-play. It seems like it is a games for windows anyway (sorry, too tired to research). Anyway, I played on xbox and enjoyed. But, if you choose not to buy to get away from DRM then I applaud you! All forms of DRM are evil, although I embrace Steam and Desura... I have learned to live with the evil.

Post November 27th, 2012, 1:39 pm

I use Steam and Desura too. On Desura it's often possible to download the games without the client. That's great. I hope in future there will be more games DRM free like on GOG.com because it's easy to backup your games and you don't are an "subscriber" like on Steam. Who knows what will happen if Steam shutdown their server? Are my games lost? Is there a way to play them without Steam? Actually not...

Return to Gaming General