Board index Gaming Gaming General Video game sales figures

Video game sales figures

Want to talk about games that aren't indie? Do we have the forum for you!

Post November 16th, 2012, 6:50 pm

I have an interesting idea I'd like to pursue: a YouTube show which shows the top 10 biggest-selling games of the previous week, similar to the music charts in the UK (which were more prominent in the 80s and 90s over here).
However, I don't know where I'd find sales figures which would be required for something like this. I don't suppose anybody would know where to find such information?

Post November 17th, 2012, 8:24 am

You can't. There is a crowd in the US that does stores in the US and there is a MCV in UK that do stores in UK but thats physical boxes only. There is also groups in every country that do it.

The BIG problem is Steam, Origin, Gamersgate, greenmangaming, Amazon.com Digital sales DO NOT give sales info at all so for PC based games its next to impossible.

You could guess at the games with steam top sellers and stats but I (I know lots of people like me) don't buy full price games on Steam, I buy on sale, or off a different cheaper site.

Post November 17th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Kiril wrote:
You can't. There is a crowd in the US that does stores in the US and there is a MCV in UK that do stores in UK but thats physical boxes only. There is also groups in every country that do it.

The BIG problem is Steam, Origin, Gamersgate, greenmangaming, Amazon.com Digital sales DO NOT give sales info at all so for PC based games its next to impossible.

You could guess at the games with steam top sellers and stats but I (I know lots of people like me) don't buy full price games on Steam, I buy on sale, or off a different cheaper site.

Yeah, I'm the same.

Gahh...That'll be why nobody's done it yet, then. :? Ah well. Thanks for replying anyhow.

Return to Gaming General