Board index Gaming Gaming General Tower Defense games are boring?

Tower Defense games are boring?

Want to talk about games that aren't indie? Do we have the forum for you!

Moderators: reg_igs, ben_igs

Post September 1st, 2015, 9:26 pm

Shad0WeN wrote:
MKerogazov wrote:
There are tons of TD-games and many of them are not fun... One of the my favourite ones are Cursed Treasure (the original version), and Kingdom Rush. The very first Tower Defense game was actually a level in the Warcraft game, it was so popular they put it as a separate game. I re-played that level at that time maybe a hundred times :D

For some reason I felt like the Tower Defense genre went back even further than that, so I was curious and looked it up on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_defense

So no, a Warcraft III mod does not appear to have been the genesis of the genre, although perhaps the argument could be made that it may have made it more popular

Okey-dokey, when I got this info, there was no Wikipedia to check if it was an absolute truth ;) It doesn't surprise me, if you dig deeper, you would probably find some TD-games played on paper with a pair of dice ;)
Undecima Wants You!- a new online browser multiplayer strategy game

Post September 2nd, 2015, 7:10 am

To each their own of course, but yes, to me the genre is quite boring.

Post October 6th, 2015, 10:19 pm

My son recommended Orcs Must Die - I saw him playing and it looked very nice and very unusual for a tower defense game. I'm yet to find some time to try it though :|
Undecima Wants You!- a new online browser multiplayer strategy game

Post March 14th, 2017, 2:03 pm

I have flash games with high non-addictive entertaining features for kids, it is a good idea for you to touch it.

Post April 13th, 2017, 6:56 am

Yes you are right it's boring.

Previous

Return to Gaming General