Board index Gaming Indie Games Next Game

Next Game

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Post November 4th, 2012, 2:36 pm

1st Hint has been given: Space the Final Frontier.
Any thoughts?

Post November 4th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Could be any one of a number of space strategy or shump games. I already own a bunch and have very little interest in them. Would be cool to see FTL, though I already own that as well. I really really hope, though highly doubt, it's Edge of Space. I've been looking at this on Desura for a couple days now and it looks great.

My serious guess though, AI War: Fleet Command.

That one I might get, though it has sooo much DLC, you end up paying twice as much for that then you do the game.

Post November 4th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Actually I thought about Edge of Space but it has just went to Alphafunding on Desura so I don't really see it coming yet... FTL sold alot it almost became a bandwagon, I don't believe in FTL. I already own FTL and AI War. AI War... that game is just wow I really love it but I get confused the deeper I get into the game so much things to atend to and I also have all the expansions but it would be cool to have it here.

Post November 4th, 2012, 6:53 pm

1st guess: Xenominer
2nd guess: J.U.L.I.A.

Post November 4th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Huh, that's odd this sale finishes an hour later than I was expecting...

EDIT: Yeah, Zombies went on sale at 04:00 GMT and is finishing at 05:00 GMT, 97 hour sale!

Post November 5th, 2012, 1:05 am

Gimbal... never heard of it. Looks like it might be fun though.

Post November 5th, 2012, 1:31 am

multiplayer only... meh /// game does look great though... wonder if i can play by myself with bots?

problem with multi-only is the community almost always dies

2nd game to my knowledge w/ drm on igs .. first was spacechem

Post November 5th, 2012, 3:38 am

Going to have to admit - i really enjoyed the first server .. some humans and then all the servers freaked out later on and no humans plus spawning in no-fly zone and dying completely - i am going to check out their support forums

* update - appears to be a known issue that is being researched and potentially addressed in next patch (related to ghost players that disconnect improperly)

Post November 8th, 2012, 4:16 pm

So... Tomorrow's game will be...? 1st hint was already given "Hint 1: It's Time for Adventure!". What are your thoughts? I think I can say that we are going to get an adventure game this time that's for sure. xD

Post November 8th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Possibly, "Adventure Time"?

or...
Adam's Venture?

Correction: Adventure Time is published by D3... not indie
Last edited by PlayerReview on November 8th, 2012, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 8th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Hint 2: Game starts with "The"
Maybe The Adventures of Shuggy or The Blackwell games?

Post November 8th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Hamlet or [the] Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement?

Post November 8th, 2012, 5:51 pm

The Journey Down HD

or perhaps

The Dream Machine

Post November 8th, 2012, 7:20 pm

The available hints are so vague that I'd rather not get my hopes up for any one game or the other. :P

Post November 9th, 2012, 1:05 am

NAILED IT!!

Post November 9th, 2012, 1:11 am

@ Soli - good job !

I saw a video review on this game awhile back and am excited to play it. I like the graphics and the dialogue (from what i saw).

Review was by Josh Mattingly... his channel, indiestatik, used to be sponsored by IGM. I'm sure they had their reasons. He now has a relationship with TGS.
Last edited by PlayerReview on November 12th, 2012, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 12th, 2012, 4:17 pm

So... we already have 2 hints for tomorrow's game. It's an RPG and it's on Steam. Any thoughts? I don't know why but I'm guessing on To The Moon and Avernum.

Post November 12th, 2012, 4:23 pm

way too vague. But, would be cool if it was:

Wanderlust:Rebirth ... or the latest Penny Arcade (yeah right) - but, in a perfect world - it would be one of those two

Post November 12th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Hint 3: Control Multiple Characters
I'm going to point some of the possible chances: Nethergate Resurrection, Penny Arcade 3, Avernum Series, Avadon, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, Towns (I guess it has multiple controlable characters in some way lol), Legend of Grimrock, To the Moon and Krater. I've looked up on Steam and I guess it has to be one of these... Opinions?

Post November 12th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Towns isn't a RPG :P Legend of Grimrock is a brilliant game! But I would go with Avernum or Wanderlust:Rebirth as my bet.

Maybe Defender's Quest?

Next

Return to Indie Games