Board index Gaming Indie Games Will deals ever repeat?

Will deals ever repeat?

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Post December 15th, 2012, 5:16 am

I'm so gutted that I missed Gnomoria because it was my birthday and I was drunk as a skunk all that week

Is there a possibility that a game could be featured here twice and I could get another shot at Gnomoria?

Post December 15th, 2012, 9:09 am

Ye I will also like to know the answer to this question. Sadly I've missed some deals I wanted.

Post December 15th, 2012, 10:48 am

I can't see the deals repeating, although it would be nice if they did!
It'd be nice to get some of the older games that I've missed and since I'm new, I've missed a lot. :'(

Post December 15th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Developers permitting, it would be decent idea if said developers allowed IGS to act as a digital distribution platform for previous releases. In no way do I feel they should be "pay what you want" models though. Maybe even a $10 or $15 build-a-bundle option where you could select several titles from developer approved titles.

There aren't any games I've missed out on that I haven't done so intentionally, but this question does have some value to it.

Post December 15th, 2012, 12:53 pm

There is no intention of repeating PWYW deals for any of the games. We are looking into ways of unlocking the games at later dates through our platform though.

The first will likely be developers (with multiple games) offering up past games as bonus content once we get that system working. This will allow developers to create their own bundles of games.

The 2nd way will be some kind of customer rewards system that allows frequent purchasers to unlock older games as free bonuses and upsells.

For the time being though, you only have 96 hours for any given deal!

Return to Indie Games