Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Aztaka [Nov 21 - Nov 24]

Aztaka [Nov 21 - Nov 24]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post November 21st, 2012, 10:44 am

Aztaka is an indie throwback to the good old side-scrolling action RPG genre for PC and for the first time ever is also available on the Mac! In this gorgeous hand-painted world you play Huitzilo, heir of the Sun God, able to wield both spear and spell.

-Plunge into a new and fresh universe.
-Manipulate spiritual energy, through an innovative hybrid control scheme to solve puzzles and vanquish foes
-Enhance and customize your character by training skills and abilities and acquiring ancient artifacts.
-Embark on optional side-quests to acquire valuable items and gold.
-Acquire equipment and skills to aid in your travels.
-Twenty-one unique and detailed levels with grand, richly-detailed scenery

Post November 21st, 2012, 11:10 am

On the developers website - http://www.citeremis.com/- it says a linux client is on its way, will it also be added to the indieGameStand pack?

Until then I'm going to see if the demo works on wine, versions 1.5 seems to be silver on WineHQ: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22537

Post November 21st, 2012, 11:25 am

Nullzero - good question. I will verify with the developer or ask him to post here to verify that once the Linux version is available it will be uploaded to IGS. We certainly have the infrastructure for it so I think this would be easy enough. I will get an official answer though.

Post November 21st, 2012, 11:37 am

thanks for the quick reply!

Post November 21st, 2012, 11:58 am

The Linux version is actually working (well on ubuntu at least), I only need someone to help me do the installer for specific package manager (.deb - debian/ubuntu) and (.rpm for OpenSuse and other) - or take the time to understand package management on linux....

So yes, as soon as I get these ready I will happily upload the Linux versions on IGS :)

Post November 21st, 2012, 2:10 pm

Game is a lot of fun!
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post November 21st, 2012, 2:30 pm

Citeremis wrote:
The Linux version is actually working (well on ubuntu at least), I only need someone to help me do the installer for specific package manager (.deb - debian/ubuntu) and (.rpm for OpenSuse and other) - or take the time to understand package management on linux....

So yes, as soon as I get these ready I will happily upload the Linux versions on IGS :)

I've helped a couple of other Windows developers package their games for Linux so if you want I can try to help, assuming it doesn't have any complex dependencies. I mostly work with Debian/Ubuntu to create a .deb (usually just stick the binaries under /opt with some links in /usr/bin) and then use alien to generate an RPM. If you have a Debian/Ubuntu box, then I can also write up a simple doc on how you can do this for future releases. Let me know.

FYI, I've owned your game for years now but I'm ashamed to say I've never finished it (though the primary reason for that was that it doesn't work perfectly in Wine, and I try to do all my gaming in Linux - I guess it's time to buy it again at the IGS since you'll be adding the Linux version). I also maintain a thread for IGS at CAG (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/sho ... p?t=329050) and hopefully that's driving some traffic & sales. Good luck!

Post November 21st, 2012, 3:26 pm

Sent you a PM. THANKS!

Post November 24th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Nice platformer, with climatic atmosphere and graphic.

You're going in the good way IGS, I think that introducing the titles, which weren't before in another indie bundles is cool idea!

Post November 24th, 2012, 8:15 pm

The game feels a lot like Diablo 2, but in 2-D and I love it.
Really good game!
Indiegamestand is really one of the best "Get nice Indiegames"-pages. Bought all the games I didn't own and all are really sweet!

Post January 12th, 2013, 7:38 am

Anything new about the Linux version?

Post January 13th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Oh, i have to tell, that i never expected this game to be THAT buggy. Broken quest items is most bad point about it.

Post August 2nd, 2013, 5:34 am

I started playing this a couple of days ago, and I'm really impressed. Beautiful world, very original setting, easy to get used to control scheme. A simple but very enjoyable side-scrolling RPG.

I generally find platformers irritating, but in this case it's clearly an RPG first and a platformer second. The platform elements are puzzly rather than pixel-perfect, and the penalties for falling are mild.

Unlike Toyotame, I haven't found much in the way of bugs. There's one guy who doesn't seem to give you any quest reward when you heal him, and I had one crash to desktop (worked fine on restart, and no noticeable lost progress due to auto-save.)

Highly recommended for anyone who'd like to try a more casual RPG experience.

Post August 2nd, 2013, 8:49 am

I got this in somewhere else a while ago, but I'm good for this. Never played it but now you've got me interested. +1.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post August 24th, 2013, 5:51 pm

matze404 wrote:
Anything new about the Linux version?

It seams they've got the linux version almost up and running and are desperatly needing linux testers (http://citeremis.com/).

Also their email in the site is kind of obfuscated. Is it devs@citeremis.com or something else? :roll:

Post August 24th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Lol, in my case i cannot send them anything because their crappy obfuscated mail cannot be decoded.
These developers sure know how to shoot in own foot.

Post August 25th, 2013, 7:17 am

Here's the obfuscated email:

<script type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to'; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy72346 = 'devs' + '@'; addy72346 = addy72346 + 'citeremis' + '.' + 'com'; document.write('<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + ':' + addy72346 + '\'>'); document.write(addy72346); document.write('<\/a>'); //-->\n </script><script type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write('<span style=\'display: none;\'>'); //--> </script>This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. <script type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write('</'); document.write('span>'); //--> </script>

I see a 'devs' a '@' a 'citeremis' '.' 'com'

Post August 25th, 2013, 11:45 am

I see too, and sent them mail. but their script not working as it should :) Such a great developers...

Return to Featured Game Deals