Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals King Arthur's Gold [Jul 23-26th]

King Arthur's Gold [Jul 23-26th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post July 23rd, 2013, 12:28 am

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here, but I thought I'd try my hand at the featured post this time.

King Arthur's Gold (KAG), is a 2D cooperative war game played with up to 32 players. You can play as knight, archer or builder - with physics allowing the construction and destruction of medieval fortresses. KAG blends the creative aspects of Minecraft, the medieval strategy of Age of Empires 2, with fast class-based team-driven gameplay of Team Fortress 2, sprinkled with the extreme fun from the teams previous game - Soldat.

• MINE for rock, wood and gold
  • Construct CASTLES
  • Defense MECHANISMS
  • Spike TRAPS
  • Retracting bridges & doors
  • CATAPULTS and more tools to advance your offensive line!
  • LEAD attacks on the enemies castle or DEFEND your fort
  • Full CTF mode with advanced workshops and gameplay elements
  • Zombie Fortress single and multiplayer - fight for your life and survive as long as possible!
  • ...all with 64+ other players cooperatively!
Watch your enemies crumble as their castle falls down on their small pixel heads in a never seen before blend of real-time STRATEGY, PvP multiplayer COMBAT, mining and BUILDING.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to unlock the premium version of KAG after your IGS purchase.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by GnomeSlice on July 23rd, 2013, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added Mike's tutorial; thanks.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 2:27 am

It looks great, but for me no Desura key, no purchase.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 2:39 am

Thanks for this great deal. It's a pleasure to support the developer (I love his game Soldat for a long time).

Post July 23rd, 2013, 3:44 am

GnomeSlice wrote:
Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here, but I thought I'd try my hand at the featured post this time.

It is fairly easy to merge posts if that need should arise. I am glad KAG made it's way to IGS and look forward to playing it with the community this Saturday @ 5PM EST. Also, the booklet is huge and awesome.

King Arthur's Gold has also been confirmed for Steam, so that is almost always good news.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 3:54 am

But why don't we get an Desura Key?

Post July 23rd, 2013, 3:57 am

Coldfall wrote:

Hey, I just added an option to redeem it on Desura. Hope that makes up your mind, it's worth it :).

Post July 23rd, 2013, 3:59 am

thd.MM wrote:
Coldfall wrote:

Hey, I just added an option to redeem it on Desura. Hope that makes up your mind, it's worth it :).

YAY!!!! thanks so much!

I see the Desura key already.
EDIT: On install via Desura, after the install completes i'm getting a key error as seen below.

Standalone works fine and i'm sure Desura will get sorted.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 4:15 am

EDIT: On install via Desura, after the install completes i'm getting a gathering game cd key error. I'm going to try the standalone and activate, then go back to Desura to see if that resolves it.

I see I have the same error. I will contact Desura about this problem and will let you know.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 4:32 am

To play ONLINE (which is the main part of the game) you need to create and account on http://www.kag2d.com.

Howto:

To setup your account you'll need to login into your KAG Game Account (or create it if you don't have one -> http://www.kag2d.com). Now go to main website and click Panel[your name] on the top bar. Click Redeem Gold and enter there your code. After you do it, please, log in in-game and join any on-line server to register your gold status with the game.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 5:28 am

One question, if I buy the game now, when it comes out I will have steam key?

Post July 23rd, 2013, 6:01 am

The day has arrived! I'm already spreading the word amongst my portuguese folk. Thanks so much for hooking up this deal!

Post July 23rd, 2013, 6:05 am

I was unable to get the version from my Wallet properly running (empty game world, glitches when moving camera) but the version from http://kag2d.com/en/download worked AND had completely different menu options.

Haven't actually been able to register and play online yet, but are the versions different or so? (this was the DRM-free Windows version)

Liked my first 5mins though so looking forward to giving it a proper go. :geek:

Post July 23rd, 2013, 6:08 am

PlayerReview wrote:
thd.MM wrote:
Coldfall wrote:

YAY!!!! thanks so much!

I see the Desura key already.
EDIT: On install via Desura, after the install completes i'm getting a key error as seen below.

Standalone works fine and i'm sure Desura will get sorted.

I've seen this error before... I think it's because normally when you buy KAG on Desura you get a key to sign up for a 'premium account'. Now obviously these keys were generated not to give you a key since you already got one on IGS. But Desura is still set up to try and get a key.

Last time I saw this error, I think it was the DRM-free version of Unepic that came with the Indie Royale.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 7:34 am

Here's a quick tutorial on how to unlock the premium version of King Arthur's Gold.
1. Create a KAG account (you can do this from the game or website)
2. Visit http://www.kag2d.comand login to your account (top center of website)</p>
3. After you're logged in, visit your account control panel</p>
4. Click redeem premium code in your cpanel
5. Go over to your indiegamestand wallet and click request game key. Copy that key and paste it into the field over on kag2d.com

Now you're premium and will continue to get all of the KAG updates, bonus content and premium features!
Remember that each of these game keys can only be redeemed once at KAG2D.com.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 8:50 am

marcosgnzl wrote:
One question, if I buy the game now, when it comes out I will have steam key?

Yep the Developer has confirmed this to us in an email. When the game comes to Steam, you will get a Steam key if you pay at least a $1.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 9:06 am

thd.MM wrote:
Coldfall wrote:

Thanks very much! I've bought it now and I'm very much looking forward to trying it out.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 9:21 am

Is it playable/fun with bots?

Post July 23rd, 2013, 9:58 am

tretiak wrote:
Is it playable/fun with bots?

The game is not meant to be played single player. It is a pure multiplayer game. The only mode with bots is the free challenge mode which is basically a demo/ knight tutorial. Anyway, the bots aren't that good anyway. But let me tell you, this game is A LOT of fun on multiplayer. Been playing it for over a year and still love it.
Edit: Actually, if you download KAG Classic, you could always play offline zombie fortress, which is pretty fun.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 10:20 am

Duck wrote:
Haven't actually been able to register and play online yet, but are the versions different or so? (this was the DRM-free Windows version)

KAG classic "which is the second one you downloaded I think" is very different from the beta version. It is the older version of the game with not nearly as much content as the current beta has now. KAG classic does have zombie fortress mode which is just epic. I highly suggest downloading both versions of the game since they are so different.
Youtube channel: mrskid117

Post July 23rd, 2013, 10:53 am

The new version will get Zombie fortress though eventually right?
7-23-2013 10-52-45 AM.png
7-23-2013 10-52-45 AM.png (44.27 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals