Board index IndieGameStand IndieGameStand Discussion Serious Sam: Random Encounter [Nov 13th - Nov 17th]

Serious Sam: Random Encounter [Nov 13th - Nov 17th]

This is the place for all things IndieGameStand. Discuss IGS website updates, features, deals and issues etc.

Moderators: reg_igs, ben_igs

mgnade User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes they were all SS:RE keys. Although, now I like the idea of a random games. We're open to suggestions for next time. We could do 3 separate posts, spread them out on Twitter/FB/Forums and reward retweeters etc too. The point is - we love you guys and love indie games.

canj Site Admin
Site Admin

Went to make copies down the hall, then came back to the computer and it had ended....

I thought I was the only one chilling on this forum all day.

Clown dog.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Co-Owner
Twitter: @MattCanj
Google+ https://plus.google.com/+mattcangialosi
Snapchat:@mcanj

Jon933 wrote:
mgnade wrote:
I guess people were squatting on the thread - lol - someone already tweeted that they got one. Next time I should warn folks to register and login at IGS first so they're ready to grab them. People who were logged in could just click the link and unlock them in their wallet instantly. Speed is key, I guess.

That is why is doesn't bother me - I was squatting too but just wasn't fast enough! If they were SS:RE keys, I am thinking about grabbing it anyway depending on what the next game is (with the $10 purchase). I'm drowning in Indie games right now thanks to Humble Bundle, Groupees and Indie Royale, so my spare indie dollars are unfortunately being spread very thin!

Where's the retweet button? :S
I'm too busy with Dota 2 to be able to do HB, IG, IR and IGS (almost forgot about Groupee's BAB and forgot the other Groupee's thingy...)...

mgnade wrote:
Yes they were all SS:RE keys. Although, now I like the idea of a random games. We're open to suggestions for next time. We could do 3 separate posts, spread them out on Twitter/FB/Forums and reward retweeters etc too. The point is - we love you guys and love indie games.

You love me? :S
That's not what my last ex-gf said... :'(

Zorder Moderator

Well I didn't missed anything then, I already bought SS: RE from the IGS so I'm glad someone else had the key instead of me, but I assume it wouldn't let me activate the key since I already had it on my games wallet.

mgnade wrote:

Personally, I'd suggest keys for unknown or random games. When I saw your tweet offering keys if you reached 1000 SS:RE sales, it seemed a little odd that it was encouraging users to buy SS:RE in order to unlock SS:RE! Just a little - as someone who buys it might want a copy to give to a friend, for example - but I think keys for unknown games might be more enticing.

Also, with unspecified games, it increases the chances that takers may already own the game in the IGS library. In that scenario, it gives other who are trying to redeem it a slightly higher chance of being successful. Just my opinions, though.

Edit: I missed out on Megabyte Punch and would be stoked if I randomly unlocked it with a key giveaway, for example.

Zorder wrote:
Well I didn't missed anything then, I already bought SS: RE from the IGS so I'm glad someone else had the key instead of me, but I assume it wouldn't let me activate the key since I already had it on my games wallet.

They should do it like IG?
Buy 1, get 4 free? :p

Previous

Return to IndieGameStand Discussion