Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals The Journey Down - Chapter 1 [Nov 9th - 12th]

The Journey Down - Chapter 1 [Nov 9th - 12th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post November 9th, 2012, 9:06 am

The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga with an African twist. In a shady corner of Kingsport Bay, at the outskirts of St Armando, Bwana and his trusted sidekick Kito struggle to make ends meet at their run-down gas station. Little do they know that they are about to be thrown into a spine-tingling adventure that will take them far from home and right into a twisting plot of corruption and danger. In the first chapter of The Journey Down, the search for a lost journal leads to forgotten secrets of the mysterious Underland. Follow Bwana and Kito as they puzzle their way forward and begin to uncover the true fate of their long lost father, Captain Kaonandodo.

That game really is a must-buy for every adventure fan.
I got it already, so I won`t grab it here, but you really get to spend 2 very enjoyable hours with this title (yes, it`s not longer sadly).

It is meant to ultimately be done in 4 chapters (this being the first). If they paid to submit to Greenlight their sales would be much better through IGS... it is an easy way for me to get the word out to the larger game audience.

You can read a few reviews at the Adventure Game Studio website:http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1344/The_Journey_Down_Over_the_Edge

The guy in the intro attempting to do an English accent made me chuckle. "Gas" has a short A, even here! We certainly don't say "gahs". :P

The Journey Down is now released on Steam. Will we get an Steam key here?

Yes you will - the developer has already asked us about how to distribute them. See his tweets:
http://twitter.com/theowaern/status/288985593055170560

Thats excellent. Glad they got unto steam, roll on chapter 2!

Heya, hopefully I'm not just being impatient but I noticed that indieroyale purchasers of The Journey Down have received their Steam keys already and wanted to make sure I didn't miss one from buying from here. Are we still waiting on ours or is there somewhere else I should be checking, such as Desura? Again, sorry for being impatient, I just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place because I'm anxious to play through this story again on steam and show some friends! Thanks!

I would Tweet Theo and ask him about it. No Steam keys uploaded yet, but I know that he's waiting on more http://twitter.com/theowaern

I meant to post this some time ago, but forgot. It is an article by Chris Priestman on how The Journey Down was able to leapfrog the Greenlight process by pitching their game directly and successfully to Steam. It was on Greenlight when it was featured here at IGS.

Turning A “No” Into A “Go”: How The Journey Down Got Onto Steam - by Chris Priestman

Return to Featured Game Deals