Board index IndieGameStand IndieGameStand Discussion McDroid [Feb 5th - 8th]

McDroid [Feb 5th - 8th]

This is the place for all things IndieGameStand. Discuss IGS website updates, features, deals and issues etc.

Post February 7th, 2013, 9:10 pm

Flimgoblin wrote:
parkour86 wrote:
Is the save file stored in the cloud or on my system? I want to be able to play on my laptop away from home. I'm running the desura version on my desktop and the exe version on my laptop.

Thanks

As psyiu said/linked it's both (can thank Laurent having a terrible net connection for the work that went into that :))

Just be sure to play online from your laptop at some point so it can save back to the cloud and be loaded from your desktop.

Would be cool if they added a notification or something to the main screen showing when it was last saved and if it was locally or in the cloud.

Post February 7th, 2013, 9:13 pm

parkour86 wrote:

Would be cool if they added a notification or something to the main screen showing when it was last saved and if it was locally or in the cloud.

Not a bad idea, maybe just a note on the title page: "You have progress saved locally but not in the cloud, connect online to save this." or something

Post February 8th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Its pity, that IGS sales didnt meet any of developer goals...but, >1700 is already good result
As it seems, selling games peoples actually suggested seems to be more successful then just out-of-the-blue games.

Post February 8th, 2013, 9:40 pm
PlayerReview User avatar

Toyotame wrote:
Its pity, that IGS sales didnt meet any of developer goals...but, >1700 is already good result
As it seems, selling games peoples actually suggested seems to be more successful then just out-of-the-blue games.

Agreed - guess there is a chance to top 2000 - but, i think it did a good job. First 24 hours made it seem that this would outperform what it did, but it did well imo.

Always nice to see games that have at one point been suggested by the IGS fan-base (even when devs themselves are the OP). I hope to see many more.

Post February 8th, 2013, 11:03 pm

I think the sales targets thing, while a fun goal to aim for, was not particularly well thought out. Quoting someone on the Steamgifts forum:

"Worst goals they could put there. IMO it's like saying "if we don't get enough sales, we won't care so much about the game" - because these goals are features, that they've chosen, not us and they already got some ideas or maybe even prepared content."

While I don't know whether that's a view shared by many, it does seem rather disappointing to mention features only for them not to happen based on not reaching a fairly unrealistic target in one promotion - it would be nice to see some kind of plan for these things to be implemented in the future.

Post February 9th, 2013, 3:21 am

Oh my, why are the people so short sighted...

Knowing the Devs they already planned for this (just guessing).
People have time to complain about a game feature/bonus on a forum but no time to visit game channel and speak with the Devs about their concenrs (which could have been answered).

I do believe the game did well anyways, thx for joining and i hope to meet you on the berries fields :D

Post February 12th, 2013, 1:47 am
PlayerReview User avatar

I finished lvl 2 first try at rank# 187 which oddly enough was 1 behind someone on the boards named "canj". Over 2000 names and I was 1 off from him... it is a small indie world.

Post February 19th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Just in case if you`d like to see how will the new map look like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LN0jj-Xq0
and a won challenge on the new map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSh_DsnvNAg

Post February 25th, 2013, 5:30 am

And the new map update is live, if you redownload from your IGS game wallet it'll be there
(we have an auto-updater but thanks to a Unity3d bug with opening web URLs it might not work for Linux users, doh!)

Post February 25th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Thx for info although got it from the Desura earlier :)

Post February 27th, 2013, 7:27 am

A more recent new ;) update came out overnight- repaired lvl 9 nightmare and some other stuff. Cheers.

Post February 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
mgnade User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you guys get the email from the McDroid guys? We added a cool new developer marketing/email tab so that they can send out updates to game owners when they update their games. It's new so just want to make sure it's working and getting to users.

Post February 27th, 2013, 8:41 am

Yep got that one, and the thank you from the adventure apes guys, meant to post about it as it was a nice email

Post February 27th, 2013, 9:46 am

mgnade wrote:
Did you guys get the email from the McDroid guys? We added a cool new developer marketing/email tab so that they can send out updates to game owners when they update their games. It's new so just want to make sure it's working and getting to users.

yup. mailing works fine thx

Btw, the recent update added a second new map (but you have to search for it to find it :P)

I recorded a playthrough:

Post March 21st, 2013, 7:06 pm

Just FYI for anyone who will attend the PAX - McDROID Dev team will be there as well, booth #197. Visit them and say "hi" from me please :)

Post June 7th, 2013, 12:50 pm

New update on the way.

You can download the demo from McDROID website if you are curious what got changed.
to summarize:

- new GUI
- new droid customization (speed/power/armor)

http://download.mcdroidgame.com/download/demo

Post October 2nd, 2013, 5:59 pm

McDROID just got greenlit... fking awesome :D

Post October 3rd, 2013, 1:32 am

Abou time too :(

Really fun game even though I don't like the whole story thing that was added :P

Previous

Return to IndieGameStand Discussion