Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals McDroid [Feb 5th - 8th]

McDroid [Feb 5th - 8th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post February 5th, 2013, 8:39 am

Today’s deal is for the awesome cel-shaded action tower-defense game, McDroid for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux. Pay more than a $1 to get a Desura key and beat the average for some great Parisian game sound tracks.

Have fun playing the imaginative and addictive Action-RTS from indie studio Elefantopia. It has robots, giant talking lasers, strawberry farming and Mutagel vats. Take direct control of the robot McDROID to protect your Shuttle (who happens to like old 60s rock’) and your crop. You can either fight head-on-arcade-style with the turrets you carry or you can deploy those turrets and let them run on automatic. The creatures either bite you, shoot at you, explode, mutate into something else and even turn your crop against you. It’s fast-paced, it’s full of surprises, it takes brains and it’s a bit crazy, it’s sci-fi like you have never played in Co-Op or solo

Game Keys and Bonus Content:

Pay more than $1 to get a game key for McDroid on Desura. Beat the average for 3 of the game’s 60s rock inspired soundtracks that were recorded in Paris.

Featured Charity: Electronic Frontier Foundation

Developer, Elefantopia has selected the EFF to receive 10% of the proceeds from this 96 hour sale.

Post February 5th, 2013, 12:56 pm

For what you gave me a second, "game", key? This key can not be used in the game, there is no such function. So, what is this key?

Post February 5th, 2013, 12:57 pm

The custom game key is used to activate the online features of the game and is from the developer

Post February 5th, 2013, 1:01 pm

It's working without any keys. And again, there's no way to use any key in game. The key is nowhere to enter. Maybe it's for future... :?

ps: or for drm-free version? I don't tested it yet.

Post February 5th, 2013, 1:57 pm

mgnade wrote:
The custom game key is used to activate the online features of the game and is from the developer

Is "desura-s version" need this key too or no?

Post February 5th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Any idea if purchasers get a steam key if/when it goes through greenlight? For a buck I'm gonna pick it up anyway, but I'm just curious.

Post February 5th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Thats totally up to developers...but, why no?

Post February 5th, 2013, 2:55 pm

muhabublik wrote:
It's working without any keys. And again, there's no way to use any key in game. The key is nowhere to enter. Maybe it's for future... :?

ps: or for drm-free version? I don't tested it yet.

You only need the key to create an online account, for the game's "login" button. It lets you do cloud saving and coop matchmaking. But if you only want singleplayer/offline it seems to work just fine without ever setting up an account, hopefully they'll keep it that way.

Post February 5th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Already had this game but i used the opportunity to get some friends from my work ingame :D
For me personally, this game is one of the 2 best of those featured on IGS (Mobiloid being the other one)

Post February 5th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Does this have local co-op so my friends and I can play on one computer with controllers? Or do we each have to have a copy of the game and have multiple computers?

Post February 5th, 2013, 8:09 pm

TaniaUncensored Let's Play

Post February 5th, 2013, 8:36 pm

No shared screen coop as far as i know.

To be honest this would be ...stupid or useless anyways since you need to run all around the map which is bigger then a screen (and i honestly can`t imagine screen divided into 4 parts with the amount of action in this game, i get lost playing alone :))

Post February 5th, 2013, 9:04 pm

dovecoon wrote:
Any idea if purchasers get a steam key if/when it goes through greenlight? For a buck I'm gonna pick it up anyway, but I'm just curious.

plan is yes, if you get a desura key you get a steam key if/when we get greenlit :)

Post February 6th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Is the save file stored in the cloud or on my system? I want to be able to play on my laptop away from home. I'm running the desura version on my desktop and the exe version on my laptop.

Thanks

Post February 6th, 2013, 7:55 pm

parkour86 wrote:
Is the save file stored in the cloud or on my system? I want to be able to play on my laptop away from home. I'm running the desura version on my desktop and the exe version on my laptop.

Thanks

Check the extended answer from one of the Devs on the game forum:
http://game.mcdroidgame.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=21

The short exact from the answer:
"If you're logged in - you don't need to be online to play - it'll save your progress offline and then save it to the cloud whenever it can."

Post February 6th, 2013, 8:22 pm

pysiu wrote:
parkour86 wrote:

Thanks

Check the extended answer from one of the Devs on the game forum:
http://game.mcdroidgame.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=21

The short exact from the answer:
"If you're logged in - you don't need to be online to play - it'll save your progress offline and then save it to the cloud whenever it can."

Thanks, this was very helpful and an interesting way of saving the game files.

Post February 7th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support !

McDROID sold 1490 copies in 60 hours, that is pretty impressive, I didn't expect this very little known game of ours to do so well. There is one big added benefit that our early supporters have been yearning for (Pysiu, Bels, Brendan and all ... I'm looking at you !) and that is : we can finally play co-op 24-7 :)

I think that we can do much better. It's one of those games that you have to play to "know" so we've decided to release some incentives.
Help us get McDROID into more hands. This way more can join us online when Level 9 and the first Secret Cave land on planet Earth (because it's going to rock your world !)

So here are our targets and the incentive attached to them:

2000 purchased - 2 new skins and 1 new music track

3000 purchased - new alien : the crawler slasher which comes from the unholly union of the new glow-mutator (cousin of that much-dreaded pink bouncing fella) and your crops. That one uproots itself and comes scratching your paint on your droids.
crawler slasher.jpg
Crawler Slasher
crawler slasher.jpg (67.08 KiB) Viewed 11229 times

4000 purchased - Nuclear Mine : efficient and much needed after your garden gets infected by Crawler-Slashers, but not without undesirable (yet hilarious) side-effects.
nuclear mine.jpg
Nukelar Mine
nuclear mine.jpg (62.91 KiB) Viewed 11229 times

and finally if we reach the historical milestone of 5000, we'll give you the Pet Bot "Lazer Head" - and you get to keep that bot from level to level, and you can upgrade it and it has an accumulating laser in its head.
The skin will be a special "Over 5000!" skin and I will design this very special skin with you all :)
pet bot laser.png
Pet Bot - "Lazor Head"
pet bot laser.png (243.42 KiB) Viewed 11229 times

How does that sound ?!

So if you're as excited about it as we both are... it's going to happen :)

Laurent.
Last edited by mcdroid on February 7th, 2013, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 7th, 2013, 5:11 pm

In my Natural Geographics archives, I found the life cycle of the Crawler-Slasher.
crawler slasher life cycle.jpg
crawler slasher life cycle.jpg (80.17 KiB) Viewed 11189 times

Post February 7th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Oh maaan this looks so cool i can`t even describe how i want this to happen, i hope Glacento will allow it ;)
Can`t decide which reward i like the most 8-)

I knew from the moment i have played your game that it will do good on IGS, breaking the current record would certainly be exiting (i`ll do my best to make it "will be" :D). To be honest i`m generally not a big fan of similar games- this one - i can`t get enough :)

You have already made many of our wishes come true ;) - having coop avaible at any time was only one of them :D

Let`s see if we can beat the time and get to 5k! :)

btw
Crawler Slasher looks mean...>starts looking for the laser<

Post February 7th, 2013, 7:57 pm

parkour86 wrote:

Thanks

As psyiu said/linked it's both (can thank Laurent having a terrible net connection for the work that went into that :))

Just be sure to play online from your laptop at some point so it can save back to the cloud and be loaded from your desktop.

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals