Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Gimbal [Nov 5th - Nov 8th]

Gimbal [Nov 5th - Nov 8th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post November 5th, 2012, 8:13 am

Gimbal is the multiplayer shooter with buildable vehicles. Customize your weaponry, engines, and accessories, and then take to the skies against other pilots in real time.

Post November 5th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Great game! I didn't saw this one coming. If anyone hosts a server in Europe let me know here on the forums if you please ;)

Post November 5th, 2012, 12:58 pm

Yeah we need a Euro server, but its a good fun game, I can see myself spending a lot of time making my perfect ship only to find out I didn't put weapons on it :P

Post November 5th, 2012, 1:27 pm

I forgot to put thrusters on my ship how convenient...

Post November 5th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Does anyone know if the game codes are one-time/system usage? I'm not at home, and I can't wait to try the game, but I don't want to keep myself from being able to play at home by using the code now...

Thanks,
Jeremy

Post November 5th, 2012, 3:54 pm

They are not one-time use. You should be able to install gimbal on a few machines and just cannot play from two of your machines at the same time.

Post November 5th, 2012, 4:52 pm

mgnade wrote:
They are not one-time use. You should be able to install gimbal on a few machines and just cannot play from two of your machines at the same time.

Awesome, thank you!

Post November 5th, 2012, 6:26 pm

The only issue I have so far is that my screen suddendly turns Cyan and I have to close the game from the Task Manager.

Post November 7th, 2012, 2:03 pm

Does anybody know where the profile is stored? I'm playing on a notebook and a PC, so I want to sync the saves via the GameSave Manager. I already found the hangar, but I looked in the documents and the Appdata-Folders (both Roaming and Local) and didn't see a folder for Gimbal or 8888888 Labs

(And why does NOBODY use the Windows special folder designed for savegames? -_- Would make things much easier and clearer...)

Post November 7th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Cheet4h wrote:
Does anybody know where the profile is stored? I'm playing on a notebook and a PC, so I want to sync the saves via the GameSave Manager. I already found the hangar, but I looked in the documents and the Appdata-Folders (both Roaming and Local) and didn't see a folder for Gimbal or 8888888 Labs

(And why does NOBODY use the Windows special folder designed for savegames? -_- Would make things much easier and clearer...)

I can't find it either
Since the game is multiplayer-only, the data might be stored on a server and linked to your key.

Post November 7th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Nah, I played a local game with bots at the train today and had no wireless connection, still could access my profile. It has to be saved anywhere on the computer :/

Post November 7th, 2012, 4:50 pm

Cheet4h wrote:
Nah, I played a local game with bots at the train today and had no wireless connection, still could access my profile. It has to be saved anywhere on the computer :/

http://www.gimbalgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82#p82
Check the gimbal/hangar folder in program files

Post November 7th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Unfortunately this folder only contains the ".png"s for the ship models, no profile or configuration data, at least I don't see any, even if I set my explorer to show invisible files. I ran a systemwide search for "Gimbal", "Lab8888888" and "Lab 8888888", but it didn't find any files anywhere other than the game's folder.

edit: Account on their forums was activated, I couldn't find anything about this case with their search, so I'm gonna open a new thread in the support section. Will post here when there's an answer.

Post November 7th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Okay, the profile information is stored together with the configuration in [...\Gimbal\Clientoptions.xml]
Ship designs are stored in [...\Gimbal\Hangar\].

mind that the clientoptions.xml not only contains the profile but also settings like the resolution. So if you're using different resolutions on multiple systems like I am, you have to reset them after switching machines.

Post November 9th, 2012, 9:05 am

Gimbal ended as our best selling game (revenue wise) of all time with the highest average price of any game featured, but did not beat Gnomoria in units sold.

Post December 4th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Gimbal appears to have been released any Desura. Any chance of keys?

EDIT: Looks like the dev is happy to activate game keys on Desura if you PM him there.

Post December 4th, 2012, 9:50 pm

It would still be great if we could get a link in our game wallets (for those of us that got that unlock).

Edit: I PM'd the dev in Desura and very promptly was gifted the game by him. I beat the average for payment, anyway, I don't need a desura key for this game (so you can scratch me off the list if that is implemented).

Post December 14th, 2012, 10:51 am

Colin has uploaded Desura keys for everyone that bought Gimbal for more than $1.

Post January 26th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Gimbal Changelog

Jan 22 2013, 4:32pm - Full VERSION: 1.17
ADDED
"Shaders" option to advanced options
"kick bots" server command
"mirror" option for Mouse Targeter and Turret Slaver
Gimbal protocol handler (auto launch when clicking links, eg gimbal://123.45.67.890)
CHANGED
Camera Zoom to be resolution-independent
NetRate from a client option to a server hosting option
CHANGES
Missiles/Mines/Bombs to explode on respawn instead of on death
FIXED
Camera North angle bug
Camera Zoom spaz-out/crash bug, at low frame rates
error handling for crashed during Draw()
more misc null ref crashes
some flakiness with drop pods
the "what the flip" crash
IMPROVED
Gimbal Server compatibility for machines without graphics devices
HUD chat layout for low resolutions
laser weapon power
tracking behavior of Robo-Sight
INCREASED
docking grab force
ricochets for light ammunition on armor

Post January 27th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Cool. Looks like there is a good amount of people playing now.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals