Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Cognition: Episode 1 [Jan 28th-31st]

Cognition: Episode 1 [Jan 28th-31st]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post January 28th, 2013, 1:15 am

Cognition: Episode 1

FBI agent Erica Reed has an uncanny talent: she can see the past and piece together how a crime unfolded. But not even this sixth sense could save her younger brother, Scott, from a brutal serial killer. Three years later, the investigation into Scott’s murder has gone cold -- but Erica’s work has only just begun.

Jump into Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller with The Hangman, the exciting first installment of a four-part series that brings Erica face to face with the deranged demons of her past. A serial killer is loose in Boston -- one who seems to be leaving deliberate clues that only Erica, with her unique post-cognitive abilities, can uncover. Is she finally on her way to solving Scott’s murder? Or, blinded by vengeance, is she falling into a trap that could cost Erica her life?

Developed by Phoenix Online Studios (the team who made the King’s Quest spin-off The Silver Lining), with contributions from veteran game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) and comic book artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, X-Men, The Darkness), Cognition is a thrilling adventure that grips you and won’t let go. Pay what you want to get started with The Hangman, and if you’re hooked, visit www.CognitionGame.com to grab the rest of the series at a discount!

Don't forget to vote us on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=92915746

Once we are Greenlit, all existing customers will be eligible for Steam keys!

Follow Phoenix Online:

Twitter: @POStudios
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixOnlineStudios
Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/postudios/

Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post January 28th, 2013, 1:30 am

BTA content is insane-amazing - comic book is top-notch "must have". $21 USD of content at beat the average price.

I wish BTA content was more obviously posted on the front page - it is such an attraction on offers like this one.

Game MSRP: $10.00 USD
OST MSRP: $10.00 USD
Comic MSRP: $0.99 USD

Post January 28th, 2013, 2:05 am
Dan

Finally a game that I don't already own and am actually interested in. I hope that the future episodes will also be featured on IndieGameStand some day.

I haven't played the game yet, but the soundtrack seems to be good. It even has Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. :)

Post January 28th, 2013, 2:23 am

Dan wrote:
It even has Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. :)

Moonlight Sonata is my favorite piano piece of all time and is one of the few that I can play. This game, as you noticed, has a modified version called Moonlight AM which seems to be composed of the first movement with static overlay. It is already a haunting song and I am guessing they adapted it for that reason.

This is my favorite Indie Game OST I've encountered thus far. I am a big fan of orchestrals and mood-setting tunes. Everything about this game seems to speak of the dedication to quality that the developers have.

Post January 28th, 2013, 4:17 am

Man, just BTA but the game doesn't show up in my account :roll:

Post January 28th, 2013, 4:22 am

I bought it and it didnt add to my acount, what now?
Last edited by Elrash on January 28th, 2013, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 28th, 2013, 4:23 am

PlayerReview wrote:
BTA content is insane-amazing - comic book is top-notch "must have". $21 USD of content at beat the average price.

I wish BTA content was more obviously posted on the front page - it is such an attraction on offers like this one.

Game MSRP: $10.00 USD
OST MSRP: $10.00 USD
Comic MSRP: $0.99 USD

I updated the description; thanks for pointing that out! :)
Last edited by oldbushie on January 28th, 2013, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 28th, 2013, 4:24 am

Elrash wrote:

stonecold111 wrote:

Same here i buy BTA but no game in my game list

EDIT:
Never mind it just show up in my game library
Last edited by Masni on January 28th, 2013, 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post January 28th, 2013, 4:24 am

Not a game for me again.
Have fun.

Post January 28th, 2013, 4:43 am

Same problem here, I went BTA and the game is not showing in my library.

Post January 28th, 2013, 4:50 am

Masni wrote:
Elrash wrote:

stonecold111 wrote:

Same here i buy BTA but no game in my game list

EDIT:
Never mind it just show up in my game library

No such luck for me. It's still missing in my account :|

Post January 28th, 2013, 5:12 am

I have the same problem.

Post January 28th, 2013, 5:22 am

Looks like it might be failing to add for everyone. Didn't work for me either.

Post January 28th, 2013, 5:59 am

Same here. I chose BTA, paid with Paypal, got a Paypal-payment confirmation email, but no mail that I bought the game from IndieGameStand (as I usually get these) and the game isn't showing up in my wallet. hm.

EDIT: Support cleared everything, thank you very much!
Last edited by adamma666 on January 28th, 2013, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 28th, 2013, 7:30 am

I got it with google checkout. Could it be paypal falling over?

Keep your paypal reciept emails. The stand boys are American so won't be online until tonight, but I am sure they will sort it out sharpish

Also I had my eye on this when it keep up on Greenlight, so had to jump on it here, looks fantastic! :D :mrgreen:

Post January 28th, 2013, 8:10 am

Same problem here; game is not showing in my account. I actually already owned the game thanks to a review code but still like it to eventually have on Steam when greenlit; extremely high value for the price.
EDIT: Problem solved thanks to support.
Last edited by Danaroth on January 28th, 2013, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 28th, 2013, 8:18 am

Everyone that has a problem, make sure you submit a support ticket and we'll get this taken care of ASAP.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post January 28th, 2013, 8:30 am

Also a quick note - If you do have a problem, verify that your payment went through and include your payment method (in this case it looks like Paypal's IPN was screwy/delayed) and transaction id. If you paid with an e-check via paypal, your game will not unlock until that payment clears.

Post January 28th, 2013, 10:00 am

So, its quest, right? Gotta try it then.
BTW, paid via Google - have BTA goodies instantly.

P.S. Oh, wow. over 1Gb of content. quite unexpected. You beaten Aztaka record.

Post January 28th, 2013, 10:22 am

The problem was immediately solved, thank you very much! This is support done right, awesome work!

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals