Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Favorite Featured game so Far on IGS?

Favorite Featured game so Far on IGS?

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post November 1st, 2012, 3:53 pm

Obviously, the most purchases so far came from Gnomoria... but what's your favorite game that we've featured so far?

Post November 1st, 2012, 4:01 pm

My favourite one was Gnomoria. It was also how I found about you guys :D

Post November 1st, 2012, 5:51 pm

Of the ones I bought, Gnomoria is great. I already had Really Big Sky so didn't go for that, but that is brilliant!

Post November 2nd, 2012, 10:05 am

Definitely Gnomoria for me. I love that game.

Post November 2nd, 2012, 8:56 pm

I'm pleased with most of the games, but Gnomoria's been taking up a lot of my free time lately. That alpha has enamored me more than many of my backlog's bigger titles have.

Post November 3rd, 2012, 4:02 am

I enjoyed Chester, but I am going to have to say Really Big Sky - the lead developer (James) was active in patching issues and communicating in the steam forum. It is a real fun game due to it's procedural generation of baddies.

Post November 3rd, 2012, 7:42 pm

Definitely Really Big Sky. It's a great looking game and a hell of a lot of fun to play :)

Post November 4th, 2012, 12:40 pm

I'm thinking Zombies, but then, I haven't played much of the other ones so maybe I shouldn't say until I've played them all.

Post November 5th, 2012, 3:32 am

Cardinal Quest by far. That game is fantastic

Post November 5th, 2012, 9:42 am

Soli wrote:
I'm thinking Zombies, but then, I haven't played much of the other ones so maybe I shouldn't say until I've played them all.

Zombies definitely best soundtrack so far.

Post November 6th, 2012, 1:19 pm

Geneforge Saga, just to add another one! I'm still in the middle of the first one, and then there will be 4 more to go. Didn't get Gnomoria though :(

Post November 13th, 2012, 2:01 am

Definitely Gnomoria... more alpha games on Desura please! *cou-EdgeofSpacelookscool-gh*

Post November 13th, 2012, 2:26 am

Definitely Megabyte Punch. Gnomoria looked good, but it's not the type of game I'd play. I agree that having more alpha games as deals is a good idea. Great way to seperate IGS from various indie bundles. Most bundles haven't included many alpha games.

Post November 13th, 2012, 8:57 am

Yeah, I would probably go Megabyte Punch or Gimbal - more my style than Gnomoria.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 11:40 pm

The original game that was gifted to early registrants for the IGS site (pre 9/26/12), Chester, is now on sale. For those that missed out on that game it can be found over on Desura for $0.99. http://www.desura.com/games/chester

We got the DRM version though, whereas, this one is tied to Desura (for better or worse).

Post December 5th, 2012, 7:56 am

PlayerReview wrote:
We got the DRM version though, whereas, this one is tied to Desura (for better or worse).

It's only as much tied to Desura as the version you got here is tied to IGS.

You can just download an installer from Desura exactly like downloading from your game wallet here. The client is optional and when you do use it the games aren't tied to it in the same way as Steam, you can start them without the client even if that's how you installed them.

Post December 5th, 2012, 12:17 pm

SirPrimalform wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:

It's only as much tied to Desura as the version you got here is tied to IGS.

You can just download an installer from Desura exactly like downloading from your game wallet here. The client is optional and when you do use it the games aren't tied to it in the same way as Steam, you can start them without the client even if that's how you installed them.

That should be said, that this is correct for MOST games on Desura, but not all. There is games, like Incursion or The Tower that still require installation via client.
But in most cases it lake said in previous post - Desura, not like Steam, allows to get games as standalone installer .

Post December 5th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Toyotame wrote:
That should be said, that this is correct for MOST games on Desura, but not all. There is games, like Incursion or The Tower that still require installation via client.
But in most cases it lake said in previous post - Desura, not like Steam, allows to get games as standalone installer .

Ah, both of those are in alpha/beta. Apparently they make an exception for games still in development. Of course the devs can still upload a standalone version, but they're not required to.

The only other exception as far as I know is games that were signed before the standalone versions were added. They may add standalone downloads, but they don't have to if they don't want to. Only one dev I know of has actually refused to add a standalone version for that reason, the developer of [censored]*. He's a d**k though.

*decided against naming names.

Post December 7th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Well, i dont really know is it correlated with fact that they alpha\beta. Among game i "own" there is no such game that require to use client, but that mostly is IndieRoyale and some of Groupees games, that release DRM-free version anyway. So its just becoming pointless for them to hide standalone on Desura itself.
Still, i like Desura for their movement to not "own" their customers like Steam.

Post December 8th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Toyotame wrote:
Well, i dont really know is it correlated with fact that they alpha\beta. Among game i "own" there is no such game that require to use client, but that mostly is IndieRoyale and some of Groupees games, that release DRM-free version anyway. So its just becoming pointless for them to hide standalone on Desura itself.
Still, i like Desura for their movement to not "own" their customers like Steam.

Those policies were actually what a staff member told me. All new signed and 'finished' games have to have a standalone version and if they haven't got one uploaded then they have to add one if you ask, unless A. They're in alpha/beta or B. Were signed long before the standalone downloads.

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals