Board index IndieGameStand IndieGameStand Discussion Favorite Featured game so Far on IGS?

Favorite Featured game so Far on IGS?

This is the place for all things IndieGameStand. Discuss IGS website updates, features, deals and issues etc.

Moderators: reg_igs, ben_igs

Post December 8th, 2012, 7:41 pm

When i only can say - wow. Long life to Desura!

Post December 11th, 2012, 1:25 am

Yeah, I've come to really like them after they started hosting standalone downloads in parallel to the client. They've beaten GamersGate to become my second favourite DD after GOG.com.

Post December 11th, 2012, 3:31 pm
mgnade User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

I didn't realize that you can direct download from Desura - where is that in the client?

Post December 11th, 2012, 4:13 pm

mgnade wrote:
I didn't realize that you can direct download from Desura - where is that in the client?

Its not in client. If you purchased\activated game on desura you can go to its page and you will see Purchased downloads section with links to standalone installers (and bonus content if there is some).
Solution is not best (Indieroyales key pages is more useful as well as IGS wallet) but still makes client not required

Post December 12th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Toyotame wrote:
mgnade wrote:

Its not in client. If you purchased\activated game on desura you can go to its page and you will see Purchased downloads section with links to standalone installers (and bonus content if there is some).
Solution is not best (Indieroyales key pages is more useful as well as IGS wallet) but still makes client not required

There is a slightly more consolidated way of downloading the standalone versions. Your CD key page (https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys) is roughly equivalent to a "library/shelf/game wallet" and has download links for the games even if they don't have or require a CD key.

It's a bit hidden away for some reason. The Desura site really could do with a bit of a redesign...

Post December 28th, 2012, 5:38 pm

I think I'd have to say my favorite so far was Caster. That game was so slick to me. A bit sparse and simple, but the controls and upgrades were pretty cool.

P.S. Hello, everyone.
Check out my games in development on my Twitter here.

Post January 12th, 2013, 9:06 am

For me it would surely be the Mobiloid. IMVHO THE best of all the games offered here in the past.

Oh, and yeah, "long live Desura" though the Desura client could use some work.

Last edited by pysiu on February 22nd, 2013, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 12th, 2013, 11:22 am
canj Site Admin
Site Admin

It's awesome to hear about your favorite games, it really helps us in the selection process.

Yes, though I love Desura, it is really broken sometimes.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Co-Owner
Twitter: @MattCanj
Google+ https://plus.google.com/+mattcangialosi
Snapchat:@mcanj

Previous

Return to IndieGameStand Discussion