Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Love+ [Jan 12-16]

Love+ [Jan 12-16]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post January 12th, 2013, 1:14 am

Love+

Awesome 8-Bit Platformer

Lets get this on Steam, please vote for it at the Greenlight link here: http://www.steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94453699

Keep checking back here during the sale, I am going to be doing giveaways based on high scores. :mrgreen:
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post January 12th, 2013, 4:14 am

Wow, awesome! Another great retro platformer. (I LOVE RETRO PLATFORMER :D) Thanks so much ;).

Are there any plans for a Linux version?

Post January 12th, 2013, 6:24 am

Not another retro platformer :P

Post January 12th, 2013, 7:37 am

I can't get enough retro platformer :D

Post January 12th, 2013, 8:44 am

I bought it and it's basically unplayable for me. The graphics are all blurry and making the window smaller doesn't even help. There's no options whatsoever. No fullscreen mode. No redefinable controls. Unless I'm missing something?

Post January 12th, 2013, 9:19 am

Demcifer i didn`t buy this game so i am not sure but maybe try changing your antialiasing (or similar) settings in your Windows graphic settings? YOu might have some option there forcing the antialiasing/anisotrophic filtering.

Post January 12th, 2013, 10:46 am

I'm not sure why the game is blurry, but I did see something about that on Desura. But what the guy said above is possible.

I would try to get it working, this game is awesome.

I'll see what I can find.
Matt "Canj"

Post January 12th, 2013, 11:07 am

This is how the game looks (it starts in a window of this size): http://i.imgur.com/8Slki.jpg

Post January 12th, 2013, 11:14 am

The game does run that small.

Depending on the video card that you have, it is probably forcing some sort of Anti-Aliasing.

check out this link. http://www.ehow.com/how_6910962_disable-anti_aliasing-video-drivers.html

I emailed the developer like and asked him to check out your posts. We'll get this figured out.
Matt "Canj"

Post January 12th, 2013, 12:08 pm

matze404 wrote:
Are there any plans for a Linux version?

Not currently. I've heard that it works with Wine, but I have a way of testing it.

Demcifer wrote:
I bought it and it's basically unplayable for me. The graphics are all blurry and making the window smaller doesn't even help. There's no options whatsoever. No fullscreen mode. No redefinable controls. Unless I'm missing something?

F4 will put the game into fullscreen, but no, there are no redefinable controls.

As far as the blurry screen problem, I haven't found the cause of it. It only happens for some users, and it seems like it is a forced anti-aliasing problem on some graphics cards. I'm still looking into it, and if I figure it out, you should be able to just redownload the latest version.

Post January 12th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Its not like i want to break magic, but i have to mention that this game, generally, is 2$ on Desura +1$ worth OST on Bandcamp.
That means its not best deal i ever seen.

Post January 12th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Toyotame wrote:
Its not like i want to break magic, but i have to mention that this game, generally, is 2$ on Desura +1$ worth OST on Bandcamp.

"The point of the Indie Game Stand is to put a spotlight on those indie titles which provide fantastic experiences, but may have been passed over by the mainstream gaming public, portals, websites, or whatever. This site is about supporting all of the fantastic and worthwhile indie developers out there. Every developer out there deserves a moment to shine."
Matt "Canj"

Post January 12th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Toyotame wrote:

That's entirely fair, but it also includes the original Love which I haven't made available anywhere else. But you're within your right to pass on it.

Post January 12th, 2013, 1:47 pm
dliebner Site Admin

Demcifer wrote:

I had this problem when I was running an out-of-date version of Windows on a VM. The game ran fine after I upgraded Windows.

Post January 12th, 2013, 1:55 pm

my bet would be the GPU drivers or some settings in GPU confirguration.

Post January 12th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Randy over at Elder-Geek did a video review of this as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ey0mpYbBcE

Post January 12th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Toyotame wrote:

I think its a very good price. And the price isn't for me important. With Indiegamestand I get know some indie games which I didn't saw before and I can support great indie developers (like the developers of Love+ ;)).

Post January 12th, 2013, 5:11 pm

oh man. Desura key w/ Steam key if greenlit, soundtrack as a bonus and it's a 2d platformer with gamepad support!

This ticks all my boxes.

Post January 12th, 2013, 8:55 pm

kinda funny... Christine Love's current project is titled Hate Plus.

Post January 13th, 2013, 2:07 am

The soundtrack sold me on this game. Love it!

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals