Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Flatspace Bundle [Jan 4th- 7th]

Flatspace Bundle [Jan 4th- 7th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post January 4th, 2013, 1:12 am

Flatspace is a space trading and exploration game for Windows PC. 3D with a top down viewpoint, the game has elements of classic space trading games like Elite and Rogue-like games such as Nethack.

Like its predecessor, Flatspace II is a space trading game with a top-down viewpoint that includes rogue-like elements such as a choice of character and a revealing map. Unlike the first game though, Flatspace II includes artifact objects that can be obtained using a new a guild system. If you trade enough you can get trading upgrades such as enhanced defenses, and Alien Hunters can obtain special weapons and ships.

Created independently and published without the backing of a publisher, Flatspace was released in December 2003 and has been updated regularly since then. In late 2005 Flatspace II: The Rise of the Scarrid was released after many months of development.

Now is your chance to get both Flatspace 1 and II for whatever price you want! Welcome StarPilot, choose your destiny.

Special Thanks to Yessik Ziiiq for the video overview, please check out his other videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/yessikziiiq
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post January 4th, 2013, 8:54 am

Does it include Flatspace IIk or just Flatspace II?

Post January 4th, 2013, 9:26 am

as2lyd wrote:
Does it include Flatspace IIk or just Flatspace II?

Just 1 and 2 as far as I could tell. Would IIk have a separate installer?

Post January 4th, 2013, 10:41 am

Flatspace IIk is the updated and moddable version of Flatspace II. It seems like the pack contains II rather than IIk. Shame. :|

Post January 4th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Not being on Steam is kinda deal breaker for me.

Post January 5th, 2013, 1:33 am

I bought the game. Neither game works for me I launch them up and just get a black screen with sound any fix?

Post January 5th, 2013, 1:40 am

sinmist wrote:
I bought the game. Neither game works for me I launch them up and just get a black screen with sound any fix?

What are your system specs and O/S? You might try running the game in compatibility mode.

Post January 5th, 2013, 1:43 am

I'm running windows 7 64bit. Gtx660ti, 10gb of ram. Quadcore 2.10ghz amd processor.

Post January 5th, 2013, 1:54 am

sinmist wrote:
I'm running windows 7 64bit. Gtx660ti, 10gb of ram. Quadcore 2.10ghz amd processor.

Works for me on Win 7 640 GT 14 GB RAM i7 3.4 quad. I found a potential fix from the dev though:

The game starts up and I hear sound but the screen stays black. Can you help?
This can happen with Visual Themes on Windows Vista and later. To fix it right-click on the main game application, choose properties, click on the "Compatibility" tab and check the boxes to Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition. This can also happen if you have multiple graphics cards or your current card or monitor doesn't support the default resolution. To fix this, open the Config.cfg file in Notepad, and experiment with different adapter and screenwidth, screenheight, screendepth settings.

source: http://www.cornutopia.co.uk/lif/faq.php

Post January 5th, 2013, 2:43 am

Emre wrote:
Not being on Steam is kinda deal breaker for me.

Don't be a wuss, there are heaps of good games not on Steam. Not necessarily the Flatspace games, but missing out on good games because they're not on one specific service is ridiculous. =/

Post January 5th, 2013, 8:39 am
Moo

It's not even on Greenlight though?

And it's a little odd to have the two old games in the bundle but not the (only slightly updated, from what I can tell) recent version.

Post January 5th, 2013, 12:01 pm

Moo wrote:
It's not even on Greenlight though?

And it's a little odd to have the two old games in the bundle but not the (only slightly updated, from what I can tell) recent version.

I wasn't saying these games in particular just that the "No Steam, no buy" policy is frankly ridiculous. No one said they were on greenlight so I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make exactly... perhaps the developer of these games doesn't want to be on Steam.

Post January 5th, 2013, 1:42 pm

The game is pretty good if you like rougelike games.

Post January 18th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Bleh, these games awful...
Yes, i really unhappy that i purchased it. Controls is awful. hull system very uncomfortable to use - its hard ti understand that your capable of, space fight is very bad made, and whole game is pointless.
Its just damn "get cargo- deliver- sell - repeat" or "get passenger - fly to target - deliver him" or something like this. totally repetitive.

Return to Featured Game Deals