Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Mobiloid [Dec 27th-31st]

Mobiloid [Dec 27th-31st]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post December 27th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Build your own fully functional robotic vehicles from parts you find along the way in a large platform puzzle world.

Collect components such as wheels and rockets and join them together - change your robot at any time during play to solve the puzzles at hand.

Infiltrate the mysterious factories of the Mobiloid Corporation. Level design is Metroid-inspired, i.e exploration and upgrade based.

Post December 27th, 2012, 10:19 pm

After playing a bit of this I feel I underpaid, any way to up my payment?

Post December 27th, 2012, 11:36 pm

SirPrimalform wrote:
After playing a bit of this I feel I underpaid, any way to up my payment?

I don't think they have implemented that feature yet. Although, they have talked about it. Mike, how's 'bout it?

I also want to know what this "special IGS achievement" is I got. I don't' see any reference to it? ... is it part of the future IGS site layout?

Post December 28th, 2012, 2:08 am

PlayerReview wrote:
I also want to know what this "special IGS achievement" is I got. I don't' see any reference to it? ... is it part of the future IGS site layout?

When it says special IGS achievement, I interpreted that as an additional (in game) achievement exclusive to the IGS bonus version rather than the debut of some kind of IGS achievement tracker.

Post December 28th, 2012, 2:40 am

prob right... was just a bit ambiguous.

Post December 28th, 2012, 11:24 am

SirPrimalform wrote:
When it says special IGS achievement, I interpreted that as an additional (in game) achievement exclusive to the IGS bonus version rather than the debut of some kind of IGS achievement tracker.

Yes, it's an in-game achievement.

Post January 1st, 2013, 10:56 am

Hi, has anyone run into a similar problem as i do?

- The game starts to load, loading bar finishes to load and the game crashes to desktop.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Post January 1st, 2013, 8:32 pm

Hi,

I just got the same problem.
Game worked well for up to 82% besides some script errors, but they did not interfere gaming, so I could go on.
But yesterday the game crashed in the action to desktop.
Now it will not start again whatever I do.
I deinstalled it and installed it again several times, deleted any mobiloid entry manually from registry but it wont help.
It starts to load until the loading bar is around 95% full and then it crashes to desktop an no mobiloid process is running afterwards (checked via process explorer). :?
Any help would be recommended to get the game running again in order to get playing it to the end.

Concerning the gameplay it is a great game - I enjoyed it very much until the breakdown.

Best regards

Post January 2nd, 2013, 8:14 am

Hi,

Maybe try redownlaoding/installing again- there was a problem with a previous version of the game (but i can see it is updated already on Indiegamestand), which should be resolved already.

Make sure NOT TO use version 145

EDIT:
Just double-checked- 146 works fine on my pc.

Post January 3rd, 2013, 11:56 am

Loving this game, it's got fantastic level design. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to activate the turnip switches though? I've got the flat nut and it slots right in there but then I don't know what to do with it :roll: Do they have to be done in order? I went for the one under the roller first since I can't find my way to the south switch yet.

Post January 4th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Globber wrote:
Concerning the gameplay it is a great game - I enjoyed it very much until the breakdown.

Per Dev via Desura -

Mobiloid Changelog

Jan 1 2013, 11:50am - Full VERSION: v1.4.6
FIXED
crash-bug after loadscreen

Download the current version from your Game Wallet and hopefully you're in the clear.

Post January 5th, 2013, 3:37 pm
Moo

mrkittens wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone knew how to activate the turnip switches though?

You need to spin them using the flatnut.

Post January 27th, 2013, 7:03 pm

I finally got around to trying this out (it's really great!) and seem to have found myself stuck after getting the grappling beam and, presumably, right before getting the spring.

Any chance one of you who's gotten past this point could give me a hint? I can grapple up to the top platform in the spring's room, but haven't found any way of using that topmost track to get close enough to the grapple point on the left, right below the spring.

I haven't managed to build anything that really lets me use the fastest wheels on the track, but after many attempts I'm not so sure going faster there -- or maybe even using that track at all -- is really the solution?

Post January 28th, 2013, 1:10 pm
Moo

Using the topnut and two thrusters you should be able to go along the track fast enough to land on the small platform at the other side. Do you have those parts?

Post January 28th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Thanks, that did the trick. The thing I was missing was that mass/inertia plays a role at all in such a situation. All it took was removing all a bunch of extraneous parts to lower mass, but this happens to be a spot with a fairly long delay between experimental attempts, so your reply was perfect. Thanks again!

Return to Featured Game Deals