Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Kill Fun Yeah [Dec 23 - Dec 27]

Kill Fun Yeah [Dec 23 - Dec 27]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post December 23rd, 2012, 10:45 am

Kill Fun Yeah

Kill Fun Yeah is an online 2D platform shooter.

Murder and capture your way to the top, using an ever increasing arsenal of silly weaponry and items, the powers of deflect, attract and freeze, as well as various powerups.

Make your own maps, using custom made tilesets and background sprites and create your own custom player skin to make you stand out on the battlefield.

Any Questions or Comments, please use this topic.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post December 23rd, 2012, 11:01 am

I'm actually a big fan of this game, it's what brought me to IGS in the first place! :)
The controls maybe hard to get used to at first, but once you've practised a lot: it gets to be great fun!

Post December 23rd, 2012, 11:19 am

I agree. I'll be home later tonight and I'll def be on. Should be a decent amount of people on as well!.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post December 23rd, 2012, 11:33 am

Has anyone used the game key in Desura to see if it works? I think it does...

Post December 23rd, 2012, 12:01 pm

Yes, the Desura Key works.

Post December 23rd, 2012, 2:29 pm

Awesome game. Hope there will be more gamer in future than it'll be awesome as hell! Very funny game!

Post December 23rd, 2012, 5:13 pm

Does the Desura key still require you register through the dev's site too? Also, is it online only w/ Desura, if so... is this a multiplayer only title (as in no bots)?

I ask this, because the DRM online-only thing often turns me away.

Post December 23rd, 2012, 5:42 pm

Actually it's an only multiplayer title without bots. But maybe they will come in future. The Desura key still requires a register through the dev's site.

Post December 23rd, 2012, 7:59 pm

matze404 wrote:
Actually it's an only multiplayer title without bots. But maybe they will come in future. The Desura key still requires a register through the dev's site.

Thanks for the info. When Gimbal came out on Desura they dropped the registration, maybe this one will too eventually.

Post December 24th, 2012, 2:23 am

I was disappointed by this game.

Post December 24th, 2012, 8:51 am

Soldat is 10 years old and way more interesting as a 2d multiplayer all-out deathmatch than this. Sorry, I wouldn't play this for longer even if it was free.

Post December 26th, 2012, 9:12 pm

I imagine Christmas may have contributed a little to the poor sales of this, but surely the other contributing factor was the online only gameplay. Add in offline bots or a LAN mode guys!

Post December 26th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Well like I said before I was really disappointed by this game.

My personal reasons for disliking the game are:
1) It is in beta. If it is in beta I expect IGS to test that everything is working fine and that the game has enough content on the day of being available.
2) I could not find a place to see the controls. I may have not looked hard enough but it took me a while to figure out some keys.
3) Existing controls are really clunky and gameplay is just not fun.
4) I do not see a community growing around this game.
5) Only online multiplayer

I would seriously discourage IGS from putting up incomplete betas, only (online) multi-player games and untested games.
I would also suggest that IGS may consider letting the game be available for 7 days so that there is enough publicity time and all games have a chance at getting the weekend crowd.

Mike B regularly picks good games from IGS and showcases them usually on the 3rd or 4th day. Might I suggest getting TotalBiscuit excited about the indie games here.

Return to Featured Game Deals