Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals Fotonica [Nov 29th - Dec 2nd]

Fotonica [Nov 29th - Dec 2nd]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post November 29th, 2012, 1:12 am

A first person game about jumping, sense of speed and discovery.

The key is timing, the goal is exploring and traveling flawlessly through the environment. The setting is an abstract - mainly duotone - outlined world, with a look referring to the geometrical abstractions from the 50s and the 3D low-poly gaming era.

Post November 29th, 2012, 1:58 am

different from any game i have played due to the keyboard mechanics and I really enjoy that as well as the wireframe graphics. I always enjoyed level design before adding textures and I honestly kind of have nostalgia for the whole skeleton level build.

Looking forward to playing more and seeing what else is fleshed out over the playcourse.

Post November 29th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Looks very interesting.
Are there some Audio Tracks without paying more than the average? The description says " Seven High Quality Audio Tracks. "

Post November 29th, 2012, 4:13 pm

This game is awesome.

Have to try it.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post November 29th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Thanks for Linux version too!

Post November 29th, 2012, 11:48 pm

We try to get every version that we can distribute :mrgreen:

Post December 1st, 2012, 9:52 pm

not that I'll do(i'd pay more than a quarter) it but I never asked in the past and was wondering...
what happens if you only paid the minimum $.25? It takes $1 for the key so do you not get anything? Or do you get the game anyway and the 1 gets a key to play it with detsura client?

Post December 1st, 2012, 10:17 pm

If you pay less than a buck you just get the drm free game that you can download from your game wallet.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 12:01 am

DRM-free is great but I usually employ steam or desura as not all games released have an auto-update platform, so I find keys to be an ideal solution. That said, I do usually utilize the "pay what you want" model in the mentality of "pay what you think the developer deserves" - i know it doesn't ALL go to the developer, but it is a good concept to keep in mind imo.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 1:02 pm

Awesome unique game. Fully worth to pay more than the average!

Post December 3rd, 2012, 1:14 am

The game doesn't work on my Ubuntu 12.04.
When I start a level I can only see the font but the rest of the screen is black.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 10:20 pm

so if I do over $1 do I get both the key and drm free? Or should I do one for .25 less than the amount I'd like to pay for the game(getting the detsura version)and then a second purchase for $.25 to get drm free? Cause imo the drm free is better than the key anyway? Or is there like a choice to substitute the cheaper one instead of the key?

Post December 3rd, 2012, 10:50 pm

$.25 gets drm free, $1.00 gets keys + drm (links for all versions), then additional tiers like bta nets you bonuses. Most games on IGS are valued at $5/10/15+ and are well worth the monetary investment.

I often-times pay for the keys and then play the drm-free versions instead. I just want to help support the developer and this site for putting it all together.

Post December 4th, 2012, 9:40 am

that bothers me - how can Fotonica can be caller DRMfree if its need game key to play?

Post December 5th, 2012, 7:53 am

Toyotame wrote:
that bothers me - how can Fotonica can be caller DRMfree if its need game key to play?

That's a fair point.

Post December 8th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Fine, i have little problem - IGS run out of game keys for Fotonica. Desura keys is still available.

Post December 11th, 2012, 1:28 am

Same here. I think it's been about a week since I last tried and got the "we'll fix it ASAP" message. An update would be appreciated.

Post December 11th, 2012, 10:40 am

Fotonica is DRM Free - the developer accidentally uploaded their own key under custom keys which was used up so now there is a request game key button there when there shouldn't be since the game is DRM Free.

There are plenty of Desura Keys uploaded. If anybody has a problem - please open a support ticket.

Post December 11th, 2012, 10:44 am

There should no longer be a request game key button - the custom key they uploaded was actually a Youtube link. I corrected this in the database.

Post December 11th, 2012, 12:39 pm

mgnade wrote:
There should no longer be a request game key button - the custom key they uploaded was actually a Youtube link. I corrected this in the database.

Ahh, so one lucky person was assigned a youtube link as a custom key and all subsequent people were told the game was out of keys. XD

Next

Return to Featured Game Deals