Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Out There Somewhere

Out There Somewhere

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you purchase it?

Yes! I Like it!
65%
Don't know yet.
No votes
No! It's not for me.
35%

Total votes : 23

Post November 14th, 2012, 5:22 am

Post November 14th, 2012, 7:41 am
Zorder Moderator

This game is absolutly spectacular. I already have it but I give it a YES. The only downside of the game for me is that it's too short. In case you don't know the devs are already working on a new game called DDD or Deep Dungeons of Doom, you should check it out ;)

Post November 18th, 2012, 1:30 am

Voted earlier but I just wanted to add my support in the comments. Looks pretty awesome.

Post February 14th, 2013, 6:28 pm
GnomeSlice User avatar

I can't believe this hasn't been suggested or featured yet.

Game: Out There Somewhere
Platforms: Windows

Out there somewhere is one of the best games I've played in the past few years, and you guys should definitely check it out.

It's a sidescroller with some great pixel graphics, a very good soundtrack, and a neat 'teleport gun' mechanic which you use to navigate the game's areas. It's unfortunately a very short game, but what's there is very, very good.

Last edited by GnomeSlice on February 18th, 2013, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post February 17th, 2013, 11:39 am

Got that on Greenlightbundle. While i agree with that this is good game i dont think its really impressive...
It feels like mix of Knytt with Rico. Stiil, its good game.
Last edited by Toyotame on February 17th, 2013, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 17th, 2013, 11:52 am
Soli User avatar

I already own it, but it gets a thumbs up from me. I think it'd do pretty well here.

Post February 17th, 2013, 5:15 pm

I think this has actually been posted before, but I don't mind the repost. I skipped the greenlightbundle deal for it, but now kinda regret it. I'd like to see this game on IGS, I love platformers and this one seems to be decent.

This was the original thread btw:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=72

Post March 3rd, 2013, 11:37 pm
GnomeSlice User avatar

+1 for great justice.

This is a fantastic (if a little short) game. I thought I suggested it, but I think it got deleted as a duplicate of this. So much yes, this was one of my favourite games of last year.

Post April 19th, 2013, 10:57 am
PlayerReview User avatar

This is on IR now

Post September 11th, 2013, 1:38 pm
GnomeSlice User avatar

Post September 21st, 2013, 2:04 am
PlayerReview User avatar

I merged suggestions

Here's a vid too

phpBB [video]

Post May 20th, 2014, 5:19 pm
GnomeSlice User avatar

Available on Steam shortly!

It looks like it's been slightly updated as well. For people who bought it before:
Hey everyone!Out There Somewhere is FINALLY coming to Steam and that also includes a Mac port. Actually we used this opportunity to make a major update in the game, polish the graphics, some of the level design, add a french translation and fix many issues.

So, for now we are locking the Desura store until the game launches on Steam, after that the game will be sold on both stores, but the new version unfortunately is not DRM-free yet, it can only be played on Steam. But the classic version will still be available here on Desura, so if you get the game here you will get the classic game, the old extras and a Steam key.

Post May 21st, 2014, 12:33 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Available on Steam shortly!

It looks like it's been slightly updated as well. For people who bought it before:
Hey everyone!Out There Somewhere is FINALLY coming to Steam and that also includes a Mac port. Actually we used this opportunity to make a major update in the game, polish the graphics, some of the level design, add a french translation and fix many issues.

So, for now we are locking the Desura store until the game launches on Steam, after that the game will be sold on both stores, but the new version unfortunately is not DRM-free yet, it can only be played on Steam. But the classic version will still be available here on Desura, so if you get the game here you will get the classic game, the old extras and a Steam key.

Sons of the bitches. After all support they gone to be feature Steam-exclusive version.

Post May 21st, 2014, 11:04 pm
GnomeSlice User avatar

Toyotame wrote:
Sons of the bitches. After all support they gone to be feature Steam-exclusive version.

Well it does say it's not DRM-Free "yet", so I'm hopeful the non-steam versions will get updated too at some point.

Return to Game Suggestions