Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post November 9th, 2012, 7:40 am

Name: Project Zomboid
Available: PC, Desura, direct download
Publisher: TheIndieStone

Post November 9th, 2012, 8:22 am

Quite a fun game, that has had a rocky development, but its been greenlight on steam, so hopefully it comes as good as we all hope it will be.

Post November 9th, 2012, 11:28 am

Yes. I already have PZ but this game needs to be here. For me this is the "real" zombie survival game. With the upcoming update (RC3) the game will improve alot and followed by that the devs are planning a multiplayer/co-op component.

Post November 9th, 2012, 11:54 am

Would be cool to see on here, though I do already own it.

Post November 18th, 2012, 12:46 am

I'd love to see this on IGS, but I feel like the game is popular enough to sell on its own. Wouldn't make much sense for the dev to sell it for $1 at this point, but maybe later on.

Post November 28th, 2012, 2:17 am

I was trying to use the sheets on my injured wife and couldn't figure out how to. then i used the pillow and she was like "I'm sorry i held you back/slowed you down" ... apparently, I smothered her with the pillow... oops!... only then did i realize how to cut the sheets up to use that could've helped her.

Great potential in that game.

Post November 28th, 2012, 7:15 am

I played some yesterday, and I burnt down the house making some soup. The next update will having farming and NPCs who travel the map and help out.

Post January 3rd, 2013, 2:49 pm

This game looks like something I can enjoy. Hopefully they put it on steam soon so I can play it.

Post January 6th, 2013, 4:50 am

Very nice sandbox game. Extremely hard (compared to any other sandbox).
Alot of trials and errors for the players (which is imho a good thing).

Graphic, as easily seeen, not top notch but after awhile it doesn`t matter since the game defends itself (even in the current alpha stage).

Game is updated very rarely however after reading the reasoning for this i agree with Devs (they don`t want to release shitty versions)

Post August 31st, 2013, 11:07 pm

Holy shit, I finally played the Project Zomboid demo, from two years ago. OMG, that game is amazing. I needed it like yesterday. It's the best zombie game I've ever played and that's only an old outdated demo! I forgot to turn the oven off and then a massive horde came into the house and then the house burned down. That is just so cool, that you have to be mindful of such a little detail. How much has the current version improved/expanded?

Unforunately my Visa gift card is US only, so I can't buy it on Desura. So my only options are wait for Steam, hope it gets featured on IGS, or trade for it
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post August 31st, 2013, 11:19 pm

Project Zomboid on Mac and Linux as well, and getting closer to early access on Steam :D
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post August 31st, 2013, 11:50 pm

letsmaybeLP92 wrote:
Project Zomboid on Mac and Linux as well, and getting closer to early access on Steam :D

Wait, it's coming to Early Access?! In September, later? Zomboid's like the one PC game I've been wanting more than any other since getting into PC gaming.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post August 31st, 2013, 11:51 pm

BTW, demo is masssively outdated....

Post August 31st, 2013, 11:53 pm

pysiu wrote:

I know and that's why I'm so excited. I freaking loved the demo and it's super outdated compared to the current version. And if it's finally coming to Early Access...

Post August 31st, 2013, 11:58 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
pysiu wrote:

I know and that's why I'm so excited. I freaking loved the demo and it's super outdated compared to the current version. And if it's finally coming to Early Access...

Hehe, thats why i would suggest getting it and not waiting for even lower price ;) Who needs steam or early access on steam when you can play it already! ;)

Post September 1st, 2013, 12:04 am

pysiu wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:
pysiu wrote:

Hehe, thats why i would suggest getting it and not waiting for even lower price ;) Who needs steam or early access on steam when you can play it already! ;)

I'd love to, but I can't because my Visa gift card is only valid in the US and Desura doesn't accept it. Trust me, that's the first thing I rushed to purchase when I got the gift card.

If anyone's interested, I have a Steam key for Electronic Super Joy, if you want to trade for Zomboid. It'd be an equivalent trade since they're both 7.99

Post September 1st, 2013, 12:18 am

Bronxsta wrote:
I'd love to, but I can't because my Visa gift card is only valid in the US and Desura doesn't accept it. Trust me, that's the first thing I rushed to purchase when I got the gift card.

Daaamn, thats a pity; I forgot they are selling ONLY on Desura so far.

Just FYI, Desura allows paypal if it helps in any way in your case.

Post September 1st, 2013, 2:33 am

Bronxsta wrote:
If anyone's interested, I have a Steam key for Electronic Super Joy, if you want to trade for Zomboid. It'd be an equivalent trade since they're both 7.99

I like you.. if you join IRC and join every now and then, i'll just gift you the game on the 6th. I already have ESJ, which is fun, and still $5 directly from their site. I'd be glad to help you out though.

Post September 1st, 2013, 2:36 am

PlayerReview wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

I like you.. if you join IRC and join every now and then, i'll just gift you the game on the 6th. I already have ESJ, which is fun, and still $5 directly from their site. I'd be glad to help you out though.

You mean IRC chat? Yeah Gnome mentoned it in a Steam chat. How would I join?

Post September 1st, 2013, 2:54 am

Bronxsta wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

You mean IRC chat? Yeah Gnome mentoned it in a Steam chat. How would I join?

Check this thread for details viewtopic.php?f=8&t=600

Next

Return to Game Suggestions