Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Rawbots

Rawbots

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post January 19th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Game: Rawbots
Platforms: Windows, Desura

Robot crafting sandbox. Build ‘em! Battle ‘em! A universe where you can play with amazing robots that are designed, built and even programmed by you. Everything is a robot, doors, roads, walls, bridges, safes, traps, turrets, surveillance systems, etc. Build forts, towers and architect impressive structures to protect your planets and resources. You may play solo or with friends to infiltrate, conquer planets and gather resources. Traditional keyboards and mouse can be used along with midi devices, gamepads, iOS and Android devices; the point is, any device may be used as a controller. Create your own input setups and master your designs, whether it is controlling a huge robot or entire armies of relentless minions.

You can check the official website here

Post January 20th, 2013, 9:31 am

This does look fantastic, but everytime I go to buy it, my brain says I'm too stupid to play it.

It looks like the really advanced stuff in minecraft, that you look at and go "wow I have no idea how he did that"

Post January 20th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Heh, it`s like a dream from my childhood made alive :D

As far as i read in reviews the game is indeed very complicated but helpful changes are on the way.

Post January 20th, 2013, 2:13 pm

looks delicious... Looks like a fleshed out version of the Autonomous prototype I got from the Double-Fine Amnesia Fortnight over at HiB. It was quite fun, if not a little broken. I LOVE these kind of games.

The Indie Game Magazine - “We’ve all wanted to build our own robot fighting machine at some point in our life; usually a lack of university level robotics education tends to get in the way. Well you can kiss that lame excuse goodbye when you get your hands on the robot building sandbox game, Rawbots.”

Post January 22nd, 2013, 10:59 am

Just finished my first day spent in this "game" ;)
I strongly suggest this game to ppl who like robots (feels like Mobiloid on steroids). Didn`t see any missions/etc yet but the robot building itself is simply great.

- it is not easy control wise; Read some more about Rawbots before purchasing to make sure you know it`s still alpha :)

Post January 22nd, 2013, 1:34 pm

30$? Well. that pretty steep...

Post January 22nd, 2013, 1:51 pm

Toyotame wrote:
30$? Well. that pretty steep...

I looked it up on Desura earlier and it was $9.99 USD. So, I guess the secret is, buy it from Desura instead of the Dev's site.

www.desura.com/games/rawbots

Difference between Desura version and Early access version on www.rawbots.net

On Desura:
    You get all stable builds.

Early access version @(rawbots.net):
    Immediate access to all builds.
    Access to Developers forum
    Access to all extra tools and builds free of charge.

Post January 22nd, 2013, 3:46 pm

Yeah, 8€ for Desura version.

Post January 29th, 2013, 7:47 am

just to let you know- desura build got changed.

"We just finished and uploaded a new build with a new streamlined flow for spawning and building bots. The visual programming is now much more user-friendly, very fluid and quicker to navigate and connect. There is a new quick card that you can bring up by pressing F1. This is the first of many builds to come that will address easier streamlined workflow.

Another big note, the Desura offerings will match the offerings on Rawbots.net, this should ease the worries of what builds you would be getting, and unifies our work into one community effort. All buyers will get a code to unlock full access on Rawbots.net; all $10 buyers got lucky, we will take the hit. We will be automating this process with the Desura guys, and are working on this as we speak, stay tuned.

If you were put off by the 'console' way of spawning parts, you want to download and check this build."

I love the bolded part :D

Post January 29th, 2013, 8:05 am

Its nice for those the bit on it. I should have :(

Well I won't be spending $30 on it. :(

Return to Game Suggestions