Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Wyv and Keep

Wyv and Keep

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you purchase it?

Yes! I Like it!
92%
Don't know yet.
No votes
No! It's not for me.
8%

Total votes : 12

Post November 1st, 2012, 2:45 pm

Game: Wyv and Keep
Dev: http://www.jollycorpse.com/
Platforms: PC, mac, Desura, Greenlight

Desura: http://www.desura.com/games/wyv-and-kee ... -lost-idol
Last edited by Morphys on November 3rd, 2012, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 1st, 2012, 3:02 pm

I can get behind this one. Great little puzzle platformer, and with multiplayer, tons of fun.

Post November 1st, 2012, 5:56 pm

This is a great fun game.

Post November 9th, 2012, 9:42 am

Thanks for suggesting this! I can confirm that this particular game is on the horizon...

Post November 18th, 2012, 12:48 am

mgnade wrote:
Thanks for suggesting this! I can confirm that this particular game is on the horizon...

Awesome, I regretted missing out on Indie Royale's Alpha Bundle, so I'm glad it might be a future IGS deal!

Post November 29th, 2012, 4:34 pm

spoderman wrote:
mgnade wrote:

Awesome, I regretted missing out on Indie Royale's Alpha Bundle, so I'm glad it might be a future IGS deal!

And exactly because of that many peoples will not buy it, since they got it via IndieRoyale.

Post December 4th, 2012, 8:02 am

Toyotame wrote:
spoderman wrote:
mgnade wrote:

And exactly because of that many peoples will not buy it, since they got it via IndieRoyale.

I actually buy most Indie Royale bundles. I skipped the alpha bundle intentionally because it was overpriced compared to their other bundles. There are probably others like me that did the same. Anyway, like half of what Indie Game Stand offers are bundle repeats, and I believe many of the people that buy games on IGS are the ones that skip or don't buy bundles.

Post December 7th, 2012, 8:48 am

Well, it released now on IGS. But i stil dont think Alpha bundle was expensive, since they offered 3 pretty good games - Wyv, Towns (!!) and 3079 and ALL of that games is really good. In my opinion Alpha bundle was one of very best among IndieRoyales.

Post December 7th, 2012, 10:57 am

I'll pass on this coz i already got it from Alpha bundle , tho it's still a great game :)

Post December 7th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Elrash wrote:
I'll pass on this coz i already got it from Alpha bundle , tho it's still a great game :)

Notice, that they offer some stuff here that was not available in Alpha bundle, like level editor and additional levels pack.

Post December 7th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Bought it here and paid more than the average. Looks awesome! I love retro style platformer.

Post December 7th, 2012, 4:17 pm

No Desura key for SmashBox when you beat the average? Lame................

Post December 7th, 2012, 4:49 pm

indyadvant wrote:
No Desura key for SmashBox when you beat the average? Lame................

Actually, they DO giving keys. see here - https://twitter.com/WyvAndKeep/status/2 ... 1115353088
All you need to do is to send then private message via Desura telling that you like to get desura key
I tried and they :sent me gift" in several hours
Its just looks that IGS dont support additional keys for bonus content.

Post December 7th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Toyotame wrote:
indyadvant wrote:
Its just looks that IGS dont support additional keys for bonus content.

You're exactly right that we have no way of adding bonus games as separate game entries for your wallet. It's definitely something we're working on so that devs can easily add games as bonus content and our system can give out game keys if available. Right now, the bonus games have just been uploaded as bonus game files.

Post December 7th, 2012, 5:50 pm

Toyotame wrote:
Well, it released now on IGS. But i stil dont think Alpha bundle was expensive, since they offered 3 pretty good games - Wyv, Towns (!!) and 3079 and ALL of that games is really good. In my opinion Alpha bundle was one of very best among IndieRoyales.

The alpha bundle launched with a $5 minimum, I think. All of the other bundles launched at either $3 or $4. It was the most expensive bundle, and had the fewest games out of them all. To me, that's overpriced compared to the other bundles they had. Most of their other bundles came with at least 5 or 6 games, while the alpha bundle came with 3. I may have bought it if I had been interested in all the games, but the only one I wanted was Wyv and Keep.

I think the IGS deal is much better, especially if you BTA because you get SmashBox, and you can PM the dev to get a desura key for Smash Box.

Post December 8th, 2012, 12:19 am
I bought this and think it's a delight, but I want to make sure I did something right. In order to apply the bonus castle level, you just copy the files into the "Maps" folder in "Content", right?

Post December 8th, 2012, 1:49 pm

spoderman wrote:
The alpha bundle launched with a $5 minimum, I think. All of the other bundles launched at either $3 or $4. It was the most expensive bundle, and had the fewest games out of them all. To me, that's overpriced compared to the other bundles they had. Most of their other bundles came with at least 5 or 6 games, while the alpha bundle came with 3. I may have bought it if I had been interested in all the games, but the only one I wanted was Wyv and Keep.

I think the IGS deal is much better, especially if you BTA because you get SmashBox, and you can PM the dev to get a desura key for Smash Box.

Thats right, but you must understand, that it was alpha FUNDING bundle. Developers need money to develop too. Its, maybe, not that cheap, but still was much cheaper than purchasing it normally. And some of that games ever appeared in bundles later - Wyv and keep - only now, here, Towns - never anywhere, 3079 - once on Gamersgate. So it was pretty nice deal after all.

Post December 8th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Toyotame wrote:
spoderman wrote:

Thats right, but you must understand, that it was alpha FUNDING bundle. Developers need money to develop too. Its, maybe, not that cheap, but still was much cheaper than purchasing it normally. And some of that games ever appeared in bundles later - Wyv and keep - only now, here, Towns - never anywhere, 3079 - once on Gamersgate. So it was pretty nice deal after all.

Yes, I understand that, but other alpha games have appeared in bundles and on this site pretty cheap. If you want to help devs fund their alpha games, that's cool.. but that doesn't make it any less overpriced for most people that buy bundles. I personally got 3079 gifted to me on gamersgate for free from someone, and didn't like it. Also note, the artist that did the textures for 3079 stole some of them from Duke Nukem 3D. The dev for 3079 had to update the textures after people started to notice. That leaves Towns, which I had zero interest in.. not the type of game I'd play. I'm glad I skipped that bundle. Again, good if you like funding alpha games.. not so great for an indie bundle deal.

Post December 8th, 2012, 7:40 pm

I think that tastes is personal matter, and can agree that, technically, that bundle was more expensive then other, but still you have consider fact that amount of games not necessary meant they good. In example in Winter bundle IR got 6 games but they...very...unattractive, while i found all games from Alpha bundle good.
About 3079 i can only say that this game is pretty hard to get into, but once you get how it play its great. Towns is great too in another way.
If no one obligated to love them. So i glad that you got Wyv and keep, even after some passionate waiting.

Post December 8th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Toyotame wrote:
I think that tastes is personal matter, and can agree that, technically, that bundle was more expensive then other, but still you have consider fact that amount of games not necessary meant they good. In example in Winter bundle IR got 6 games but they...very...unattractive, while i found all games from Alpha bundle good.
About 3079 i can only say that this game is pretty hard to get into, but once you get how it play its great. Towns is great too in another way.
If no one obligated to love them. So i glad that you got Wyv and keep, even after some passionate waiting.

Yeah I agree about the IR Winter Bundle.. it's probably one of the weakest IR bundles and I passed on it. There are some others I passed that weren't very good. The alpha bundle is definitely better than those, due to the quality of games.

Next

Return to Game Suggestions