Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Teleglitch

Teleglitch

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post January 4th, 2013, 11:16 am

Game: Teleglitch
Platforms: Windows, Desura
Teleglitch is a roguelike top-down shooter with pixel graphics. The game takes place in procedurally generated military research & training complex that has a different map every time you play. Our mission is to give players like you a chance to walk in the dark corridors, gripping their gun and few last rounds of ammunition. To play with finger on the trigger, high on adrenaline. We want to give you the paranoid, sweaty, and bloody hard kind of fun.
You can check the official website here.

Post January 4th, 2013, 7:03 pm

I was going to post this one up, but I've been lazy.

Post January 4th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Helluva great game.

Post January 4th, 2013, 9:28 pm

I think the field of view and mechanics look great. But... the graphics are, dare i say, too retro. Still though, I would buy.

I know, "everyone is a critic". All I am really asking for is slight increase in sharpness, maybe even if just for the font/text.

Post January 6th, 2013, 4:59 am

PlayerReview wrote:
I think the field of view and mechanics look great. But... the graphics are, dare i say, too retro. Still though, I would buy.

I know, "everyone is a critic". All I am really asking for is slight increase in sharpness, maybe even if just for the font/text.

Lol, i have to admit the graphic here is .... well...

I would buy it anyways due to the game description.

Post January 8th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Well, for me it seems games suggestions lately got a little too eccentric

Post January 18th, 2013, 11:25 pm

So, TB did a WTF of Teleglitch. Good stuff.

Post January 18th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Soli wrote:
So, TB did a WTF of Teleglitch. Good stuff.

I will def check that out

Post January 19th, 2013, 7:16 am

I`m even more interested after seeing this game in action.

Post January 19th, 2013, 9:22 am

I think that this would make an extremely good addition to everyone's IGS wallet ;) . I also think that the game would make a good amount of sales since it hasn't been in any bundles and it's not been out for that long, not to mention that it's getting alot of atention for the past week or so with TB's WTF is and Northernlion "Let's Look At: Teleglitch", which you can check it here.

Post January 19th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Zorder wrote:
I think that this would make an extremely good addition to everyone's IGS wallet ;)

I second this :P
Right now my empty wallet and a hope this gets on IGS are the only thing preventing me from getting this game already :)

Post February 10th, 2013, 1:06 pm

This looks super-awesome, it has my vote.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post February 25th, 2013, 10:34 pm

I've wanted this from some time now....

Post March 1st, 2013, 5:20 am

Based on thread views and comments there is obviously a demand for this title to make an appearance. The demo can be found here if you want to give it a run.

Since OP, this game now supports Windows and Linux (was supported at post but was amended to include the Desura Linux release on 1/9/13). Early statistics from IGS indicated that Linux support didn't increase sales, but I think the trend has since changed. Plus, I am inferring that Linux users are more interested in native support as of late.

Post March 1st, 2013, 6:38 am

PlayerReview wrote:
Plus, I am inferring that Linux users are more interested in native support as of late.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I certainly am!

From what I know, most Linux users used to dual-boot to Windows for gaming purposes. This has progressively changed during the last couple of years, beginning with quality Linux ports being featured in the Humble Bundles and specially since the native Steam client was released.

Post March 1st, 2013, 7:04 pm

I would definitely buy it! Have been interested in it for some time now.

Post July 31st, 2013, 10:40 am

Would love to see this featured on IGS

After reading nothing but praise on NeoGAF, I finally tried the demo...and it's awesome. #1 on my Steam Wishlist now. Love the art style and the distortion when you fire your weapon, the weapons sound and feel powerful, the tension is palpable

Last moments before I died (on level 1): being chased by a pack of...things, low on ammo, health flashing red, drop an explosive behind me, take out most of the pack, down to six rounds, trying to make each shot count. I make it, go through a door, get swarmed, panic to equip my one use rocket launcher...and miss the shot. I survived 13 minutes.

You have to react fast and smart. In those last moments, I was split second away from turning and firing, then I remembered I had explosives, and that I can drop them.

The art style may turn some off, but it doesn't bother me and gives the game personality
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post July 31st, 2013, 1:23 pm
mgs

Awesome game, I own it and would buy it again on IGS in a heartbeat. I would LOVE to see it here. I wonder if Paradox would be ok with it? I know the game skipped greenlight because of them.

Also, to clarify, the game supports windows, linux, and osx. It's a steamplay game.

(my first post! \o/)

Post July 31st, 2013, 1:43 pm

It's a pretty good game and would be great to see here, but the game is no longer being sold in any DRM-free version (buying it on Desura now only gives you a Steam version) so unless they change their mind on that in the future it's probably not going to appear here.

Post July 31st, 2013, 3:14 pm

Wow. that a pests! They sell it in lot of stores and everywhere is just Steam key. Well, great, not going to pay for that.

Next

Return to Game Suggestions