Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions McDROID

McDROID

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post January 3rd, 2013, 9:40 am

mcd1.jpg
mcd1.jpg (25.6 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
mcd2.jpg
mcd2.jpg (26.57 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
mcd3.jpg
mcd3.jpg (21.59 KiB) Viewed 2244 times

Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Desura.
Developer: Elefantopia
Homepage

The game is action tower defense genre, with a single player mode and an online co-op feature.
Also it has beautiful cell-shaded graphic.
I quite enjoyed playing it and I think it deserves more gamers attention.

Post January 3rd, 2013, 10:25 am

Tower Defense, SOLD. Want this.

Post January 3rd, 2013, 10:33 am

I would really like to see a tower defense game on IGS. I especially enjoy it when you don't have "heroes". I like it simple, place towers & upgrade w/ waves of mobs.

Although, I fell in love with TD back with the Warcraft mods back at the turn of the millennia. (You had a builder you could run around with)

Post January 3rd, 2013, 11:23 am

Now that you mention Tower Defense games on IGS, what do you guys think of Defense Grid or Tower Wars?

Post January 3rd, 2013, 11:34 am

This one is a Tower Defense with a builder and towers.
There is harvesting resources, almost like in RTS game.
There are static slots for weapons and other towers that you must buy from a HQ and then transport to the slot, meanwhile you can use the weapon that you are transporting.
There are some powerups like exploding barrels or mechanical sidekicks.
To repair a turret you must go near it, and to repair yourself you must go near HQ.
It is also quite strange (but I won't say its bad) that for upgrading a turret you must go to its slot, dismantle a turretm go with it to HQ, upgrade, and go back to mount it into its slot.

As for Defense Grid - this is perfect representative of the classic in genre. Was in Indie Royale one time, but I've bought it over a year earlier on some Steam Sale.
Tower Wars - haven't played yet.

Post January 4th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Excited for this one!

Post January 4th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Daddy likes.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post January 5th, 2013, 7:19 pm

bought it already, VERY nice game indeed.

BTW it`s on sale now (3.25 Euro), you should really buy it already and not wait for a better price to help the developer :P
Sale ends soon.

Post January 5th, 2013, 8:14 pm

pysiu wrote:
bought it already, VERY nice game indeed.

BTW it`s on sale now (3.25 Euro), you should really buy it already and not wait for a better price to help the developer :P
Sale ends soon.

I prefer to help the developer and IGS at the same time. Bring it to IGS and I will BTA for sure.

Post January 6th, 2013, 4:09 am

PlayerReview wrote:
pysiu wrote:
I bought it already, VERY nice game indeed.

Sale ends soon.

I prefer to help the developer and IGS at the same time. Bring it to IGS and I will BTA for sure.

I`ll get it as well for a friend if it makes an appearance here :)
This game rocks in MP.

BTW this statement is not (or no longer) true:
BioBuster wrote:
It is also quite strange (but I won't say its bad) that for upgrading a turret you must go to its slot, dismantle a turretm go with it to HQ, upgrade, and go back to mount it into its slot."

Now u need to pick it up, upgrade while havign it on ur back and then put it back on spot :)

PlayerReview wrote:
As for Defense Grid - this is perfect representative of the classic in genre.

Can`t agree more- another good example would be the Robo Defense from Android :)

EDIT 19.01.2013
Let me add that the Dev is one of the most community-friendly and player-feedback-happy ;) Dev i`ve met :)

Post January 22nd, 2013, 3:17 pm

McDROID is now with a 75% off on Desura, 3,25€ or your equivalent price to celebrate it's birthday.

Post February 5th, 2013, 4:54 pm

That should be, probbly removed, moved somewhere or closed since this game already appeared on site

Return to Game Suggestions