Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road

Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post December 29th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Game: Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road
Platforms: PC, Linux, Desura
Developer: Mindwedge

Going to be honest, this might not net the big sales numbers that we all love. But, it is a true indie and I would support it on IGS.

Post December 29th, 2012, 4:10 pm

It looks like a game that I may enjoy and maybe fans of Revolt might enjoy it aswell.

Post December 29th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Developer has already submitted a request to IGS... so, we'll see if they feel it is a good fit.

Post January 7th, 2013, 2:33 am

Yes we have - awaiting confirmation of a publish date. Thanks for helping get the word out!

Post January 8th, 2013, 3:39 pm

One thing i ask then i see games like this - how its support gamepads?

Post January 23rd, 2013, 6:08 pm

Yes we support joypads and all other input types. We recommend using the mouse/keyboard though (it really works better) or a wheel/pedals setup if you have one. All inputs can be remapped from the defaults too.

Post January 24th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Post February 11th, 2013, 8:50 pm

Ah, thanks for posting the video.
Last edited by Mindwedge on February 14th, 2013, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 12th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Mindwedge wrote:
Ah, thanks for posting the video. We're slated for a "some date" now - just wrapping up the final bits (such as a Linux distro).

Sooo... IGS will be featuring Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road for sure?

P.S. Comment edited
Last edited by Toyotame on February 14th, 2013, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 14th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Well, we have everything ready and contracts are signed and delivered. The rest is up to Mike now.
Last edited by Mindwedge on March 5th, 2013, 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post February 14th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Does anyone miss racing with a mouse here? I recall the first game I played with it (Midtown Madness) and I thought it was brilliant. We didn't have Xbox controllers back then. IMO the mouse is only bested by a wheel and pedals, but not everyone has that. So we support the MOUSE and fairly well. It came as a bit of a surprise to us how few people find it a natural choice for steering as it beats a 3/4 inch analog stick any day for precision.
Last edited by Mindwedge on March 5th, 2013, 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post February 14th, 2013, 10:02 pm

I can't remember racing with a mouse, but I have super-fond keyboard memories with the original Carmageddon. I know it isn't a pure racer, but it was such a guilty pleasure to play.

Post February 15th, 2013, 9:51 am

All I can do then is encourage you and everyone to become re-aquainted with it (it's the default input setup BTW). It's quite easy once you realize that all it takes is being calm with your mouse hand - don't get jiggy with it and you'll be fine. A decent fit between your mouse and your hand helps too. We put in a nice feature where you can adjust the sensitivity of any steering input scheme (except for a wheel, but you can recalibrate it if needed) by toggling F2 while in-game. This makes it easy to adjust the steering to your liking, and then just hit the R key to automagically restart the race.
Last edited by Mindwedge on March 5th, 2013, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 16th, 2013, 2:32 am

I can't wait to play this level... brings me back to my childhood of ripping apart computers.

Post February 17th, 2013, 2:34 pm

And putting back together I hope! It's also popular with electronics engineers and techs.

Post March 2nd, 2013, 11:14 am

Racing with the mouse. Smooooth......

Post March 2nd, 2013, 3:05 pm

Picked this up a couple of days ago, but haven't gotten around to checking it out yet. Must do, looks like a lot of fun!
Last edited by GnomeSlice on March 6th, 2013, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post March 4th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Glad you like it!

Post March 5th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Got around to playing this today, and I like it. Environments are nice, gameplay is entertaining (and makes for some pretty funny moments).

My only real concern is the gamepad controls, which are really twitchy. I ended up fiddling with the sensitivity/damping for like half an hour before I could take it around corners. Aside from that (and the main menu), totally worth the price I paid for it in the bundle, nice job guys.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post March 6th, 2013, 10:46 am

Thanks. Try the mouse next.

Next

Return to Game Suggestions