Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Cortex Command

Cortex Command

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you purchase it?

Yes! I Like it!
67%
Don't know yet.
8%
No! It's not for me.
25%

Total votes : 12

Post December 27th, 2012, 10:47 pm

testdump337rh3.png
testdump337rh3.png (129.34 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
rocketboomjy7.gif
rocketboomjy7.gif (250.15 KiB) Viewed 1792 times

Game: Cortex Command
Dev: Data Realms
Platforms: PC, Steam
Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209670/
Main Page: http://www.datarealms.com/
Brief Description: It's a fun, physics based tower defense game where you build a base and try to defend your brain from the enemies and try to destroy theirs.

Post December 28th, 2012, 7:31 am

I actually was really hyped about this game but when it launched on Steam I tried it out and I was disapointed. The AI seems pretty hard and I would say that for 11 years under development it should have become something much better. I might just be seeing it the wrong way since it's not a type of game I really appreciate, it has potential though but I wouldn't buy it here. I look foward into other peoples opinions regarding this game.

Post December 30th, 2012, 9:40 am

I have had since it was in a Humble Bundle years ago. Its very hard, but worth it if you stick at it. There is a good community around it, some mods, so if its your type of game and you spend type at it, you will like it. It is not a pick up and play game at all.

Post January 1st, 2013, 3:40 pm

When i got that game in Humble Bundle (yes, that old one) i installed. tried. deleted and forgot about it. That how interesting it was.

Post January 6th, 2013, 4:56 am

Toyotame wrote:
When i got that game in Humble Bundle (yes, that old one) i installed. tried. deleted and forgot about it. That how interesting it was.

This game is actually very interesting but very unforgiving as well (any mistake is quickly rewarded with a death/fail :))

The robots AI sucks indeed causing even more fail/lol situations.

I believe the game can be very entertaining but has an extremely big learning curve (and to have fun with this game you NEED TO BE PRO ;))

My advice- watch a youtube tutorial , best would be some survival. I found it much easier than the campaign and it allows for easier learning.

Post January 8th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Well, you know, Humble Bundle always have stuff to play, so its not looks really necessary to stick to one game.

Post July 1st, 2013, 3:29 pm

This game is awesome. Everything about it is awesome (except for maybe the AI). The graphics are awesome. The physics? Awesome. The music. Bloody Awesome.

In fact, have a sample, with the intro music:

I would love to see this here.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions