Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Hotline Miami

Hotline Miami

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post October 31st, 2012, 2:42 pm

Game:Hotline Miami
Platforms:PC, Steam, GOG
Developer:Dennaton Games http://hotlinemiami.com/

I guess I'm not the only one that wants this game :)

Post October 31st, 2012, 2:49 pm

Obviously this game is awesome - but keep in mind that games that JUST came out will be hard to get. In the future though - definitely! This one was already on our radar obviously!

Post October 31st, 2012, 2:52 pm

I'm glad to hear that ;)

Post October 31st, 2012, 3:22 pm

I'd buy this from here, no question.

Post October 31st, 2012, 5:25 pm

Hotline Miami is really awesome. I already bought it, and it's worth the full price!

Post November 4th, 2012, 12:43 pm

Well I've got to admit and shame on myself but when I saw that tweet from the developer about the Piratebay torrent I downloaded the game just to try it out. Sadly everytime I run the game it said that I had run out of video memory. Aparently some people are experiencing this issue even with the original version not the cracked one. Until they have it fixed I'm not gonna buy it.

Post December 26th, 2012, 9:24 am

Great Idea, I would like to buy it on IndieGameStand. Please, do what you can to give us this one :)

Post December 26th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Guys, dont get that aroused - bundle sales usually made for
1) made a quick money, to, say, fund development, alpha or next game
2) squeeze money from not so freahs or poor selling or not widely known game
3) Promote Greenlighting of game

This game, Hotline Miami, i hear request about it everywhere! That means that this game anticipated and already enough widely known. Its also new, so selling is will be good without additional boost.
SO, i would n expect this game bundled soon.

Post December 26th, 2012, 2:16 pm

Ye I have to agree it was kinda dumb for me to post this here lol. Hotline Miami did extremely good on launch. It's not a game that needs more recognition, but having it wouldn't hurt ;)

Post January 6th, 2013, 4:53 am

I dont get this. Seeing the hype about this game i bought it on recent amazon sale.
Played for about an hour or two and... just can`t see why the big hype?

Gameplay feels like comming back to Amiga600 times for me :)

Dont get me wrong, i`m not saying its a bad game- i just don`t nderstand why everyone fell in love with this one.

Post January 6th, 2013, 9:54 am

pysiu wrote:
I dont get this. Seeing the hype about this game i bought it on recent amazon sale.

Dont get me wrong, i`m not saying its a bad game- i just don`t nderstand why everyone fell in love with this one.

I think the big love for it(mine definitely) is because the combat is so very solid, if you die, its your fault. Also the music is brilliant!

Post January 8th, 2013, 4:54 am

pysiu wrote:

I finished the game the other day, and I can say that while it is a good game and has solid gameplay, it's overrated. Also has some bugs that really need to be worked out. No steam overlay support, textures sometimes disappear when I hit pause, and the game doesn't like AMD drivers newer than catalyst 12.6 for my GPU, I had to downgrade them otherwise I'd be stuck with weird graphic bugs.

I think it gets so much hype because it's kinda in a unique genre. It's basically like a top-down Super Meat Boy with stealth/melee/shooting elements. Another thing that the game needs is some form of online leaderboard that you can post/compare your scores.

A lot of people got this game free from an Amazon glitch (including myself), so it doesn't really matter to me if it gets featured on IGS, but it is a pretty good game.

Post May 28th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Now on Humble Bundle

Return to Game Suggestions