Board index IndieGameStand Store Download speeds

Download speeds

Official thread for the IGS Store

Post February 24th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Hey, I purchased the Reversion Double Pack a little while ago and couldn't download it because speeds where so slow. I decided to wait a bit, but it's still the same a few weeks later. I'm stuck at 30ko/s, which entirely prevents me from completing the downloads, what speeds do you have with IGS in general ? All the games I've got so far are pretty small, so I guess thats why I've never nociced the speeds before, but this is a bit upseting, not sure I'll get another "big" game as long as I can't fix this.

Post February 24th, 2014, 6:26 pm

Joker -

Where are you located?

Post February 24th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Hello :)
I'm in France.
But I don't know if it's supposed to really have an impact, that's not an issue I usually have (I can usually go up between 1 to 2 mo/s downloading straight from servers).
I started downloading Reversion 1 (366 Mo) 10 minutes around my first post, and as I'm writing this one it's almost complete, with a speed of 50 mo/s.

Post February 26th, 2014, 8:28 am

Okay, nice to know I'm not the only one having issues...

Post February 28th, 2014, 1:22 pm

For me its around 600KB\sec from IGS. If you worry about downloading "big" games i can suggest to either use wget to download them (its very reliable) or, if, say, Desura key present - to try to download from Desura.

Return to Store