Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions BLOODCRUSHER II

BLOODCRUSHER II

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

YES
39%
GUNS
25%
EXPLOSIONS
21%
MAYBE. PROBABLY.
11%
NO, I HATE SWEET ACTION.
4%

Total votes : 28

Post July 21st, 2013, 8:57 pm

Game: BLOODCRUSHER II
Developer: CONTRAPTION STUDIOS
Platforms: WINDOWS, MAC, LINUX
Distribution: PLANNING IS FOR WIMPS

Levels are random. You'll need to fire a weapon to see how it works. Light RPG elements. Death deletes your save.

phpBB [video]

"Tired of shooters that make you reload, aim down the sights, and hide behind boxes like a spineless coward? Reliant on heartbeat detectors, regenerating health and killstreaks? Feel like something is missing from your life, shortly before a 13 year old with a headset ends it amid a hail of slurs and profanity?

Well, get ready for a blast from the past.

BLOODCRUSHER II: KILLFIRE, sequel to the hit 1992 shooter phenomenon BLOODCRUSHER 3D, promises the most incredible action you can handle. BLOODCRUSHER II: A COMING OF AGE STORY randomly crafts stories, levels, enemies and weapons, forcing players to use both skill and caution to proceed. Build up your KILLOMETER on a global scoreboard and fill your BLOOD GAUGE for mega-maximum carnage!

With Liefeld inspired art design, Quake inspired gameplay and violence so controversial it was subject to a Congressional hearing, BLOODCRUSHER II: EXPLODE ALL HEADS EDITION will sate all your repressed murderous urges!

BLOODCRUSHER II: THE SPINEBREAKER FILES, the mega-hit of the 1997 season, is now coming to your personal computer by direct download or a 75 floppy disc set.

FEATURES
  • Single player, 4 player co-op and deathmatch!
  • Tens of thousands of randomly generated weapons across five weapon categories. Guns that shoot ninja stars, angry bees, syringes, railway spikes and more!
  • Retro low-poly 3d graphics inspired by the best of pre-2000s shooters.
  • Physics-driven projectile-based shooting action. No hitscan bullets!
  • Fast paced shooter gameplay styled after classic shooters. Rocket jump and circle-strafe your way to victory!
  • Probably more blood and gore than is entirely reasonable!
  • Procedurally generated enemies tailored to randomly generated stories and biomes.
  • A global scoreboard for both points and global kills.
  • Intense original soundtrack by Dread Cell."
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post July 22nd, 2013, 6:46 pm

The devs of this seem like pretty awesome dudes. Here's a response to someone asking if the random gun generation was similar to Borderlands and Diablo.
Exactly. Just, without wussy little half-percent stat differences that have you hunting through piles of guns looking for a little green arrow. Just grab the one you think looks scariest and have at it; your skill matters far more than your weapon.

Relevant graphic:

These guys are cool.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 11:45 am

Also, apparently the team that's working on this worked on Red Alert 3. Ooooooooo.

EDIT:
I've been informed that this is incorrect by one of the developers (who incidentally have expressed interest in an IGS feature in the future).
PS: Also, in your forum post on IndieGameStand you said that we worked on Red Alert 3. We actually work on a Red Alert 3 Mod; Red Alert 3 Paradox, which is currently on a hiatus for Bloodcrusher II.

Post July 27th, 2013, 12:44 am

Hello

My name is Beau "Protroid", one of the developers for Bloodcrusher II. First and foremost, as GnomeSlice stated, we're more than ecstatic about the possibility of an IGS feature, and will certainly apply for one when we feel an Alpha build is ready.

In the meantime, we update every Saturday, and this week we got a very special present for you guys; Gatling Guns.

http://media.indiedb.com/images/games/1 ... SpinUp.gif

A special class of automatic weaponry, the gatling gun is similiar to the Heavy's Gun in TF2. Slows your movement speed, has an insanely high DPS, and eats through your ammunition stores in 12 seconds.

Heres our reddit sceenshot saturday thread;

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comment ... ak/cbb76s5

Thanks again for the possibility! We can't wait to get something to you guys!

Post July 27th, 2013, 6:57 am

Protroid wrote:
we're more than ecstatic about the possibility of an IGS feature, and will certainly apply for one when we feel an Alpha build is ready.

I'm so glad to hear that. Being a FPS fan myself I can safely say that we don't have enough old school shooters nowadays, Bloodcrusher II is more than welcome!

Post August 10th, 2013, 10:07 am

Post August 10th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Looks pretty sweet. Something about it really reminds me of Sauerbraten though. I'm not sure what, maybe it's just the castle map shown in the video. I dunno, can't put my finger on it.

Would be cool to see it featured here though.

Post September 9th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Bumping, because I just learned of it and the game looks awesome
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 30th, 2013, 11:19 pm

Haha, not sure how long this has been up, but the game has an official website now.

http://www.bloodcrusher3d.com/

They even went 90's on this too. :D

Post November 21st, 2013, 4:56 pm

Post November 21st, 2013, 5:12 pm

Whoa, that's awesome
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post November 22nd, 2013, 2:50 am

that really is so great looking ... if this doesn't come to igs, this is me :cry:

Post December 15th, 2013, 4:17 pm

If no one minds, I am going to give a quick update bump!

If you all forget me, my name is Protroid, and I am one of the Devs on the Bloodcrusher II team. We just launched a forum on IndieDB. While I will try to check back here as often as I can to answer questions, IndieDB will host most of our community discussion and suggestions.

Whats that? Did someone discretely type suggestions? Whoever mentioned those must have meant our new weapon suggestion thread! Bloodcrusher II, as Gnomeslice has made heavily apparent and is thus awesome, is known for its wide array of randomly generated guns. However! We do feature some rare, beyond crazy unique weapons that you'd probably want to hold onto if you find them. Feel free to suggest weapons here, and if it is good enough we will throw it in the game and credit you in the aptly titled credits!

Happy Crushing!

Post December 15th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Protroid wrote:
Feel free to suggest weapons here, and if it is good enough we will throw it in the game and credit you in the aptly titled credits!

THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER

Post December 15th, 2013, 6:00 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Protroid wrote:
Feel free to suggest weapons here, and if it is good enough we will throw it in the game and credit you in the aptly titled credits!

THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER

Cool. Posted a few

Post February 15th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Return to Game Suggestions