Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Analogue: A Hate Story

Analogue: A Hate Story

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post November 30th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Analogue: A Hate Story is a visual novel by Scout's Honour, available directly for Windows, Mac, and Linux, as well as on Steam for Windows and Mac. The OST is also available for purchase directly and through Steam.

"A visually stunning game with an interesting story... this game stands as an example of how a text adventure can look and feel nowadays."
—IndieCade, 2012 Finalist

Screenshots:

Post November 30th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Is this a dating sim?

Post December 1st, 2012, 12:03 am

I want it! I need a game with a good story. I love the idea of detective exploration and plot unfolding as well as the disturbing nature of the narrative. Count me in.

Here is a review of the game in graphic novel style (was korean and translated) - it is actually a great format for the review and made my day.

http://blog.scoutshonour.com/post/32692489553

I am making a pledge that if this gets on IGS I will pay $10+ to support the developer and IGS. I just require it be on IGS before purchase.

Post December 1st, 2012, 10:35 am

If this is a dating sim please... don't...

Post December 1st, 2012, 11:12 am

From what I've read about it (I've only played the demo), it's not a dating sim. There are similarities throughout the game but it does not revolve around your relationship. For the most part, the game is spent investigating logs from a lost ship (the review PlayerReview linked explains a bit of the story), interacting with the command line to guide you though the logs, and talking with the AI on the ship. Dialogue mostly involves the AI explaining parts of the logs and sharing their thoughts. It's not a dating sim. If you get a chance to try the demo, it's pretty short, but summarizes the gameplay pretty well.

Post December 1st, 2012, 12:25 pm

Yeah I checked it out, it's more of an text-adventure

Post December 1st, 2012, 4:22 pm

I've heard a lot of good things about Analogue.

VN-styled games get an unfair rap. :< I wish I could find more of them, since they are pretty much an enhanced version of the CYOA adventure books that I loved as a kid.

Post December 1st, 2012, 8:12 pm

Most VNs are made with the Ren'Py engine, so if you search around related sites and forums you can find some pretty good games, many of which are free. The Wikipedia article also lists some popular (and great) VNs. I recommend Digital: A Love Story and don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story if you're interested in Analogue. They're by the same developer and are available for free.

Post December 29th, 2012, 3:39 pm

I require this game be on IGS. It would be an interesting experiment and the accolades should help propel curiosity to buy the game. I bet she has a crapload of BTA bonuses too (even if it is her free previous releases bundle).

Maybe... just maybe... I am going to have to take the initiative and contact the developer.

Post December 30th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Post December 31st, 2012, 12:30 pm

Should i mention that music in this game is pretty good too?

Post January 31st, 2014, 12:52 pm

bump
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Return to Game Suggestions