Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Starsector

Starsector

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post November 13th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Starsector is an in-development open-world single-player space-combat, roleplaying, exploration and economic game. The player is a space captain who can seek out fortune and glory however they choose.

Game: Starsector
Platforms: PC, Mac OS, Linux
Developer: Fractal Softworks

Edit: The game has changed name due to business reasons
Last edited by leroybm on January 27th, 2013, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 13th, 2012, 4:04 pm

I've been looking foward into this. Yes!

Post November 13th, 2012, 4:11 pm

I would go for this game - I am more of an offline gamer, and enjoy titles that focus on things other than just "blow up this", "blow up that".

thumbs up! Almost worth paying the $10 now for the alpha build.

They should get it on Desura though. Not sure I want to deal with more non-desura/steam activation codes. But, I will take what I can get.

Unfortunately, Starfarer's best attributes are "upcoming" - hence, not in current alpha // so, for the time-being, maybe too much like the other titles.

- Play your own character who gains experiences and upgrades skills
- Hire officers to give skill bonuses, pilot auxiliary ships, and oversee your operations
- Explore the sector for knowledge and profit
- Trade goods, run mining operations, build industries — and defend your interests
- Become involved in factional politics

Post November 13th, 2012, 6:01 pm

I bought this game ages ago. It needs to be on desura/steam as you have to keep an eye on the forum for changes and updates. At the moment there isn't much in it, think of it like Mount & Blade with 2d space ships. BUT the combat is brilliant, it really is. I think it could be too early in development for people that are more used to complete games.

Post November 13th, 2012, 6:56 pm

"Mount & Blade with 2d space ships"

@ Kiril: I think you just made the best pitch for any game ever. Now, for the game to flesh out more. Thanks for your input and keep us updated. When they add the other stuff I will buy it regardless of platform or deals (although, would have to be really good for $20).

Post November 13th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Not my quote, but it sums up the game perfectly. I got it from TotalBiscuit who made me buy it.

His first look was ages ago 14th of Jan , but it was on the fleet battles, which you choose from the menu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWno9UISZaU

He had a follow up look at it when the campaign came out 18th of Feb, the mount & blade with 2d ships bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwFqzilbnnk

It is great, I think it would sell well here, but no auto update at the moment, people might complain.

Oh also the game is heavily moddable, and there are mod being worked on for it now including a star trek mod, to change everything to star trek type ships and weapons, and a firefly mod

Post November 14th, 2012, 12:23 am

I watched the second one - I want that game so bad. $10 too much... have to exercise patience. BTW, this thread has entered the first page of Google results for a lot of "starfarer" related keyword combos. My last job was SEO, so it is still a fun hobby.

Post January 31st, 2014, 12:50 pm

bump
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Return to Game Suggestions