Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions War of the Human Tanks

War of the Human Tanks

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would You Support This Game for IGS?

Yes
36%
No
50%
I Don't Know
14%

Total votes : 14

Post March 19th, 2013, 10:25 am

Game: War of the Human Tanks
Platform: PC (Steam, Desura, DRM-free)
Developer: Fruitbat Factory

War of the Human Tanks is a story driven strategy game with a gameplay reminiscent of Battleship and Chess, featuring a story of war, loyalty, sacrifice and human shaped tanks.

This story takes place in a land vaguely reminiscent of modern-day Japan. In the twenty years since the first Human Tank was developed, the war raging between the Empire of Japon and the Kingdom of Japon has turned into a proxy war fought between Human Tanks on both sides.

Key Features
*Fast-paced strategic battles in over 30 maps
*Use resources earned from battles to develop new tanks
*Customize your tanks with various modules to deadly effect
*Multiple endings based on your performance
*Replay the story keeping your previously earned units and resources
*Free battle mode to practice and gather extra supplies
*English localization features two all-new bonus maps, hand-drawn battle backgrounds and an improved user interface
*Episodic TV drama style story with openings and endings changing by battle's progress
Last edited by letsmaybeLP92 on January 31st, 2014, 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post March 19th, 2013, 10:30 am

Give this one a shot. I emailed the developers, and they would be glad to feature their game on IGS. Directed them to the developer portal.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post March 19th, 2013, 11:42 pm

i have only ever heard great things about this game. if the dev wants to get on IGS, they definitely have my purchase. :)
Know all of your enemies
We know who all of our enemies are
steam : twitch : desura
Way to plant, Ann!

Post March 26th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Just FYI this game is being featured on Indie Royale's The Mighty Bundle, along with Waveform, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Zafehouse: Diaries, Derrick the Deathfin and Tidalis.

Post March 26th, 2013, 10:11 pm

muntdefems wrote:
Just FYI this game is being featured on Indie Royale's The Mighty Bundle, along with Waveform, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Zafehouse: Diaries, Derrick the Deathfin and Tidalis.

It was also in two other bundles in the past; the Bundle in a Box Eclectic bundle, and week 5 of the Indiefort Countdown bundle. That week of the Countdown bundle also featured Zafehouse Diaries, so it was likely one of the most purchased weeks from that bundle based on the forum chatter at the time. Between those two and the Indie Royale bundle I've now bought this game 3 times.

I'm just not sure if it would sell well having been featured in 3 bundles in the last 4 or 5 months already. Because of that I voted no, even though every interaction I've seen with the developers on forums and whatnot leads me to believe they are top-notch people.

Post March 27th, 2013, 2:29 pm

It's been in too many bundles, so I downvoted it. Don't really see a good reason to have this featured on IGS. It was 99 cents in Bundle in a Box which came with other games as well, and even more games if you BTA.

Post January 31st, 2014, 12:46 pm

Game now on IGS Store with Desura and Steam ;)
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Return to Game Suggestions