Board index IndieGameStand Store [Poll] Most important Store Feature

[Poll] Most important Store Feature

Official thread for the IGS Store

What's the most important feature that needs to be added to the store?

User Reviews (Can only vote if own the game)
31%
Wishlist / Save game for later
23%
DRM Free icon in Game list
15%
Game Recommendation Engine (based on game wallet and your reviews)
No votes
File & system information displayed on store pages
8%
Allow Free Games in Store
15%
Add Game Demos to Store
No votes
Paysafecard / Bitcoin / more payment options
8%

Total votes : 13

Post October 24th, 2013, 9:23 pm

I like the idea of integrating the Steam Games API later on - this is definitely something that we can work on in pieces - and yes, there can definitely be filters for by review score, most recent, etc.

As for the wishlist, we're working on that too - it's a more complicated project because nearly everyone wants it to tie into email notifications about price changes - plus it affects multiple pages...and we want to make wishlists public so people know what to buy you...

Post October 25th, 2013, 2:01 am

I'm not fond of having a Reddit style review/post system.
I haven't seen it work on any site without abuse/spam..
Especially for actual reviews I don't see a point for a rating
system, to be fair, it's just more ep33n/abuse waiting to pop..

Not sure which part of Steamworks you want to integrate,
there's good and bad modules..

Post October 27th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Since you guys talking about fetching reviews of game from another sources, how about fetching from Desura? is there any way to do that? A lot of games here is desura's (yet) so its strange to ignore it.

Also, question. since it was said that only actual game owners will be able to rate, will one who got game in PWYW deal qualify too?

Post December 11th, 2013, 5:21 pm

I thought folks would like an update on some of our development work heading into 2014. We actually hope to get some of these improvements out over the holidays or early 2014, but we do tend to be perfectionists with things.

For those super observant people out there, you may have noticed some stats pop-up on your account page: https://indiegamestand.com/account.php. This is part of our comment system for the store, which is running locally on our PCs:

Long time IGS fans may remember our Twitch Streams on our deal page. Twitch tweaked their API at some point and broke this really cool interactive thing. We hope to have this fixed over the holidays along with some other small tweaks and fixes.

We are working on some bigger projects too including the additional "post types" (user reviews, youtube let's plays, etc) and wishlist. We certainly hear you guys and know they're important. I hope to have a clearer picture and timeline in 2014 about some of these bigger projects.

As always, let us know your thoughts and feedback. We haven't forgotten about this stuff - the end of the year is just crazy!

Post January 24th, 2014, 2:14 pm

just wondering, are we gonna see any of those or they were all abolished?
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Post January 24th, 2014, 6:39 pm

We've actually combined the comment project into a more robust comment/review/youtube system. It should be a more substantial improvement to the site when finished.

Post January 24th, 2014, 7:11 pm

"Allow Free Games in Store"

MTBFreeride and Outer Wilds!

Post January 25th, 2014, 12:49 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
"Allow Free Games in Store"

MTBFreeride and Outer Wilds!

Unfortunately i kind of against it. Good idea as is, but free game using IGS for hosting and bandwidth? I feel sorry for staff.
Nothing agains free games, but maybe they should use so called "fileshare hosting" for that? These hosting sites sucks, sure, but its free for uploader (sometimes they even pay some) and totally legal in case developer upload its own product.

Post March 14th, 2014, 11:59 am

To be honest, what I'd probably most like to see next is an option for developers to separate files into different payment levels, i.e. a deluxe edition could include some extra stuff like the soundtrack if you pay a little more money. For example, right now the soundtrack for Paper Sorcerer isn't coming here because of this.

It would also be nice to be able to give developers a little (or a lot) extra money if you wanted. I know most people wouldn't, but being able to 'pay what you want' above the asking price in the store would be a nice feature too.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Previous

Return to Store