Board index Gaming Indie Games A thread for promising Kickstarters/Indiegogo projects

A thread for promising Kickstarters/Indiegogo projects

Talk about all things indie gaming here

GnomeSlice wrote:

Looks great! I'm really liking the screenshots of the city and map. If I had a credit card (or a job) maybe I'd shoot some cash your way. ;)

Looks like you've already reached your goal too! Congrats! Please keep us updated on the development! :)

Thanks GnomeSlice.

I really appreciate your endorsement.

Everyone who backs the kickstarter will also get a free Steam and/or Desura key when we are funded as well.
Michael Hartman
Frogdice
Our Worlds, Your Imagination
http://www.frogdice.com

Post December 26th, 2013, 8:41 pm

This one is actually a movie, not a game. I think I'll just let the trailer speak for itself.

phpBB [video]

Kung Fury on Kickstarter
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Rain World
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rai ... rain-world
Rain World is set in an abandoned industrial environment scourged by a shattered eco-system. Bone-crushing intense rain pounds the surface regularly, making life as we know it almost impossible. The creatures in this world hibernate most of the time, but in the few brief dry periods they go out searching for food.

You are a lonely nomadic slugcat, both predator and prey in this land. You must hunt enough food to survive another cycle of hibernation. Other - bigger - creatures have the same plan.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Yes! Been waiting for this game for quite some time now. Here's hoping they succeed!

And vote that shit up on Steam Greenlight!

Post January 21st, 2014, 9:40 am

Post January 22nd, 2014, 5:02 pm

Cradle, named best upcoming indie game on IndieDB's 2013 awards, is now on kickstarter.

Check it out on Kickstarter here, and on IndieDB here.

phpBB [video]

Post January 27th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Nowhere

This one isn't using Kickstarter or Indiegogo; they're doing it through their site, but it's still crowdfunding. Just found out about this and am blown away. It's incredibly ambitious, but if they pull it off it could be extremely interesting to play.

Check out the crowdfunding trailer
Join us on a mindbending trip to a world that no man has ever seen before. Discover truth and beauty in a place that follows its own rules and live an alien existence full of meaning and surprises. You are NOWHERE. You are NOW HERE.

Still in early alpha stage, NOWHERE aims to be a holistic first person experience set within a mystic cosmos, focusing on emergent player-driven storytelling, strong social AI and high replayability through the use of procedural content, combining gameplay elements of exploration, survival, strategy, communication and adventure.

Our story arc aims to explore human topics such as family, science, religion, politics, culture and history as well as shed light on existential themes such as fate, choice and free will, seen through the unfamiliar lens of individuals in a post humanist, post singularian alien society.

NOWHERE was born out of the desire to make sense of the human condition through the pursuit of new experiences. We believe that games can relate wisdom; we are convinced that playing games can lead to new perspectives and better life decisions in a fun way. With NOWHERE we aim to contribute to this line of thought.

We launched an IndieGoGo for Tower of Elements 2 to give people another shot at getting on board.

http://igg.frogdice.com

Tower of Elements 2 is a real time strategy and city building game with match-3/tower defense combat. From your capital city you lead your Kingdom against the invading Void Army.

Your strategy, tower defense, and match-3 skills will determine the fate of your armies, but the many political decisions you make as a leader affect the story and the culture of your kingdom.

The game is coming along extremely well and will most likely deliver even sooner than we expected. (some time this coming month, Feb 2014)

The public release will be April 2014. We will be launching it at PAX East 2014.

http://igg.frogdice.com
Michael Hartman
Frogdice
Our Worlds, Your Imagination
http://www.frogdice.com

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios

Here's one I just backed tonight, looks pretty great.

Here's the trailer:
phpBB [video]

Post February 12th, 2014, 12:04 am

Catapult for Hire looks pretty fun! Also it has music by Danny Baranowsky, Big Giant Circles, and Anosou

Here's the official webpage, too.

And here's the indiedb page

Hey guys 'n gals, How about checking out Distro Horizons Vs. Galaximo's Army?

To sum it up in a few words:
An ultimate tribute to classic N64 platformers, Distro Horizons takes what made N64 platformers so great and propels it into the future with modern-day gamplay mechanics!

The link to the IndieGoGo is here: http://bit.ly/1eSlWFb

Post February 14th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Heart & Slash launched their kickstarter today. Definitely check this one out.

Post February 15th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Galactic Princess is now running a kickstarter campaign

Hive Jump ... only problem is they are asking for too much money ($75k), but they are a team of 8, so it isn't like 1 guy is going to take all the proceeds.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/graphitelab/hive-jump

a multi-player sci-fi action shooter

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWAVrghgdI

Post March 4th, 2014, 12:13 am

Ashen Rift: A Man and His Dog
Ashen Rift is a first person survival horror game for PC, Mac and Linux that places you and your canine companion Bounder in a barely recognizable Earth which has been twisted and drained of almost all life. Together you seek to stop the remaining life from hemorrhaging Earth by disabling the "Rift" rumoured to be the cause.

You must find your own path and discover your own methods to get to the Rift alive.

Post March 7th, 2014, 1:49 pm

Legends of Persia on Kickstarter

Legends of Persia on IndieDB
Legends of Persia is an Action RPG Adventure game in style of Diablo which incorporates bloody battles, Item usage, Character building, and storyline incorporation. The storyline revolves around Keykhosro, the son of the Persian prince Siavosh , who in the name of his father’s blood, wants to take revenge upon Afrasiab, the king of Tooran. Throughout the game, the character will face difficult challenges to overcome, such as defeating massive waves of enemies, encountering difficult bosses, and finally dealing with Afriasiab, his father’s killer. The mythology of this storyline will take you to depths you have never been before, as you encounter the famous fable of Siavosh . Customize to your heart’s content with a multitude of choices in armors, swords, spells, ranged weapons and more. Charge into combat in beautifully crafted fantasy environments that silhouette the action. Read your opponent and try to psych them out in tactical blade duelling.

Post March 9th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Proven Lands has launched on Kickstarter. Here's hoping they get funded. If you haven't heard of this game already, definitely check it out, this is one of the top upcoming games for me.

Kickstarter Link

IndieDB Link

Post March 10th, 2014, 5:38 pm

This game looks pretty nice. Kind of reminds me of several different games, including Fez and Proteus
In a remote mountain village, you have retired and built your dream home in order to live out your golden years in peace. Rumors of a mysterious temple beyond the valley have inspired you to set out and explore its ancient halls and crumbling ruins. Once you arrive, it becomes clear that deep within the temple walls, there is something magical that awaits you beyond this world.

Kickstarter Link

IndieDB Link

phpBB [video]

Post March 10th, 2014, 6:01 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Proven Lands has launched on Kickstarter. Here's hoping they get funded. If you haven't heard of this game already, definitely check it out, this is one of the top upcoming games for me.

Kickstarter Link

IndieDB Link

Looks great. I'm not fond of their fund target and the dlc tiers, but I'll look forward to the game releasing.

PreviousNext

Return to Indie Games