Board index Gaming Indie Games IndieMeadow / BundleBandits

IndieMeadow / BundleBandits

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Post December 17th, 2013, 10:18 am

Posts: 273
Anybody bought the bundles or play the games and want to share? ;)
There's repeats in there and some I believe were suggested as a potential
IGS feature/Store addition.


http://www.indiemeadow.com/holiday
PWYW (1 USD min.)
All on Greenlight + Desura (keys provided)

    Audio Venture
    Metal Planet
    Millennium (Full series)
    Memories of a Vagabond
    Project Night
    Rac and Ren
    Siege Wars
    Splatter


http://www.bundlebandits.com
PWYW (0.75 USD min)
Mixed; no keys actually promised for Greenlight games

    Fjong [D]
    DrBulbaceous [D]
    The A.typical RPG [D]
    Reversion: The Meeting [D] (assume all chapters)
    Dead Hungry Diner [S]
    Paradigm Shift [D]

Post December 17th, 2013, 11:38 am

Posts: 1358
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Duck wrote:
Anybody bought the bundles or play the games and want to share? ;)
There's repeats in there and some I believe were suggested as a potential IGS feature/Store addition.


I've played Metal Planet. It's fun, but nothing spectacular or terribly unique. Also it has like nobody playing it.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Image

Post December 17th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Posts: 273
Haven't even played anything from that IR yet :s

Project Night and Siege Wars are not really good games IMO, for
me it'd be for Millenium and Vagabond (maybe Rac & Ren as kiddy racer).

Post December 17th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Posts: 420
It's 1 euro min not 1 usd. (ok not much difference but still)
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post December 17th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Posts: 273
Right you are. Make that 1.38 USD minimum then.

Post December 18th, 2013, 3:08 am

Posts: 150
It's not the full series of Millennium in the Indie Meadow bundle. It's just part 1 (A New Hope).

Post December 18th, 2013, 3:30 am

Posts: 32
Duck wrote:
Right you are. Make that 1.38 USD minimum then.

Dont forget to account for things like VAT. Bought it and the charge ends up to like 1.44

havent played anything in IM, skipped BB as all but Atypical RPG have all I wanted out of it elsewhere. But will be watching how both develop

Post December 18th, 2013, 4:29 am

Posts: 273
oogla wrote:
It's not the full series of Millennium in the Indie Meadow bundle. It's just part 1 (A New Hope).


Full series is on Greenlight, no separate episodes are going to Steam. Not sure what DRM-free version you'll get, but
it's a Greenlight games bundle selling you the games on Greenlight so they would owe you the full series in any case
when Greenlit.

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=92968395 (which they link, use the image and text from (cover art from M3 it seems); Millenium 4+5 aren't on Desura so not sure how they made that work..)


viroodiem wrote:
Duck wrote:
Right you are. Make that 1.38 USD minimum then.

Dont forget to account for things like VAT. Bought it and the charge ends up to like 1.44

havent played anything in IM, skipped BB as all but Atypical RPG have all I wanted out of it elsewhere. But will be watching how both develop


True, but that's regional so like re-sellers, I only look at 'retail' value. Though in Europe you generally are given the price incl. ruling VAT, not without.

Post December 18th, 2013, 8:03 am

Posts: 13
Duck wrote:
oogla wrote:
It's not the full series of Millennium in the Indie Meadow bundle. It's just part 1 (A New Hope).


Full series is on Greenlight, no separate episodes are going to Steam. Not sure what DRM-free version you'll get, but
it's a Greenlight games bundle selling you the games on Greenlight so they would owe you the full series in any case
when Greenlit.

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=92968395 (which they link, use the image and text from (cover art from M3 it seems); Millenium 4+5 aren't on Desura so not sure how they made that work..)


viroodiem wrote:
Duck wrote:
Right you are. Make that 1.38 USD minimum then.

Dont forget to account for things like VAT. Bought it and the charge ends up to like 1.44

havent played anything in IM, skipped BB as all but Atypical RPG have all I wanted out of it elsewhere. But will be watching how both develop


True, but that's regional so like re-sellers, I only look at 'retail' value. Though in Europe you generally are given the price incl. ruling VAT, not without.


I seriously doubt they're going to give us the full series, and they don't 'owe' it to us either.

Post December 18th, 2013, 10:24 am

Posts: 273
I seriously doubt they're going to give us the full series, and they don't 'owe' it to us either.


I certainly hope for you that in your country of residence advertising one product, yet selling another is also illegal.

The -only- link to the product advertised directs to the entry for the product on Greenlight. Their sales offer includes
a generic text about the series and the box image of the 3rd entry in the series (as does the series GL page).
Nowhere does the offer relate to a single entry of the five beyond the box art, which the Greenlight page by the
developer/publisher contains as well for the entire series.

Some shops may still try to argue that an offer of this kind falls into the 'too-good-to-be-true' category, but as this
does not really exist in online game sales that would be a losing argument. The last to try that was Gamersgate and
they ended up having to give 1,000s of users a yearlong 20% discount on the entire catalogue to compensate. That
was AAA games for 20-30 USD, making this offer pale in comparison by far.

Whether or not it's feasible to (try to) force a company without any means of contact beyond a single e-mail address
and no mention of an actual legal entity anywhere is another matter.

Post December 19th, 2013, 1:26 am

Posts: 150
Duck wrote:
oogla wrote:
It's not the full series of Millennium in the Indie Meadow bundle. It's just part 1 (A New Hope).


Full series is on Greenlight, no separate episodes are going to Steam. Not sure what DRM-free version you'll get, but
it's a Greenlight games bundle selling you the games on Greenlight so they would owe you the full series in any case
when Greenlit.


Well, you can guess all you want. I actually bought the bundle before I posted what I did and the DRM free download is episode 1. The image on the bundle web site clearly shows "Millennium A New Hope". A New Hope is episode 1 (episode 2 is Take Me higher, episode 3 is Cry Wolf and so on). When you click on the image what comes up is a video that is clearly titled "Millennium A New Hope (Aldorlea Games).

The Greenlight link may be misleading, or it may not. But if you read more than the title of the Greenlight page, and scroll down to the actual text it says this:

"Aldorlea Games would like to introduce to Steam users a completed RPG series of 5 episodes all making a full story. Players can export their savefile from one game to the other. Our suggested price would be $5 per episode (worth about 15-20h of gameplay each)."

So clearly it's not going to be one Steam key for all 5 episodes if they'll be priced that way. Thinking you'll be getting the complete series for 1 Euro is just plain wrong. It would be amazing and I wish you were right, but you're not.

Post December 19th, 2013, 3:59 am

Posts: 273
Well I'll grant you that it's likely UN-intentionally misleading but correct? No.

The image on the site appears to have changed though so at least it's
less misleading; it used to be the cover art for #3 for me, just like the one
on the Greenlight page, now it's more the series one. Technically even less
correct though :<

I admit I seem to have skipped over the "Our suggested price would be $5 per episode".
"a completed RPG series of 5 episodes all making a full story." reflects what normally
would amount to a 'full-season-in-one-purchase' though and that's what I got
stuck on it seems on that page. Nothing but the 5usd each suggests separate
purchases on Steam (possibly going the way of Cognition).

Price-wise (esp as they're normally on sale for 2.50 each) is hardly far-fetched.
If you feel it is, please do not spread the word or bundlers will only start bundling
5 usd max games again :mrgreen:


Return to Indie Games