Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Overgrowth

Overgrowth

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IGS?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 15

Post July 29th, 2013, 10:20 am

Title - Overgrowth
Developer - Wolfire Games (devs of Receiver)
Supports Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, in development, weekly updates, alpha access with preorder
Site - http://www.wolfire.com/overgrowth
Alpha 200 trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1G1swqs0DU
Alpha 199 trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4oREWtk98

The sequel to Lugaru, Overgrowth combines better graphics, more mission variety and structure with the acrobatic physics based melee combat of Lugaru
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post July 29th, 2013, 3:42 pm

It has already raised a billion dollars and is made by the owners of Humble Bundle, so I don't know that it would appear anywhere else. However, this game looks amazing and I'm hoping the price is reasonable at some point as I would like to own it.

Post July 29th, 2013, 8:49 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
It has already raised a billion dollars and is made by the owners of Humble Bundle, so I don't know that it would appear anywhere else. However, this game looks amazing and I'm hoping the price is reasonable at some point as I would like to own it.

Wolfire owns Humble Bundle? Are you sure? I know they made Receiver and Lugaru. But yeah 29.99 is way too high for an alpha/preorder.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post July 30th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Wolfire was one who is resposible for creation of Humble Bundle, they was also one who hosted first humble bundle. CURRENT Humble Bundle is made by Humble Inc. formed by some Wolfire stuff and other peoples. Humble and Wolfire relations is complex and unclear.

But, speaking about this game. Guys, lets be realistic, if they will decide to ever put it on sale they will use Humble Bundle platform for that, face it.

Post December 3rd, 2013, 2:50 pm

I first played Lugaru years ago and that put Wolfire and Overgrowth on my radar. I replayed Lugaru recently and it was that, plus seeing some of the recent dev videos, that convinced me to finally get the alpha

First off, I haven't had this much fun just enjoying movement and jumping around since Prince of Persia 2003 and Mirror's Edge. Your character is so agile; just "parkour"-ing around is satisfying. But the real highlight is the combat. It takes everything I enjoyed in Lugaru and turns it up to 11. The little details like the blood effects, the smooth animations, the hard-hitting visceral feeling of the combat, it's all fantastic.

I was surprised by how much content the Alpha has. A few campaign missions, a bunch of challenges, the large sandbox-y areas, the arena. I've seen some bare-bone alphas so this much content is a treat.

Might not be sure now to do them yet, but I'll hoping to see the crouch all-fours run and the wall kick to return. Also would love to see more weapon specific moves (stuff like a jumping sword slash instead of a power kick or a spinning slash instead of a crouched spin kick). Also I found out how to dual wield weapons but it doesn't seem like you can attack with both at the same time

Games runs quite smoothly for me outside of combat, which is a bit surprising because I don't have the most powerful laptop. Combat can get laggy, but I just switch to slow motion mode (which makes everything more awesome)

Anyway, awesome game and I'm eagerly awaiting the next build
---
Played around with the settings, finally was able to have high textures and little to no lag during combat...so I spent like three hours in the arena. The combat is so good. Once you get the hang of dodging and blocking/counters, you feel like an absolute badass. So awesome taking on three enemies at once

Post December 17th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Finally on Steam Early Access:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/25000

Post December 17th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Certainly I would hope for seeing them at IGS, store or deal of the day. Both that and Receiver also.

Post December 17th, 2013, 6:56 pm

nullzero wrote:
Certainly I would hope for seeing them at IGS, store or deal of the day.

I wouldn't hold my breath, the developer owns Humble, and they have their own storefront they probably want to promote.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 18th, 2013, 4:23 am

Wasn't fond of the game as-was so not rushing to buy in either case now :s

GnomeSlice wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath, the developer owns Humble, and they have their own storefront they probably want to promote.

As this came up before: Humble and Wolfire are two separate companies owned by the same people (as is the case w most shops/bundles) the companies
don't actually share much beyond that. ;)

Post December 18th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Before

After

Yeah, this game is awesome

Return to Game Suggestions