Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Volt

Volt

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game featured on IGS?

Yes
78%
No
11%
Maybe
11%

Total votes : 9

Post September 9th, 2013, 11:12 am

Title: Volt
Developer: Quantized Bit
Releasing November, pre-orders coming soon
http://www.indiedb.com/games/volt

phpBB [video]

You play as a battery that must escape from the recycling facility and your goal on each level is to reach the exit by using a limited number of the electric beams. You can cut the beam or connect it to the wall if there's any within a range, but that's not the only way to control the battery.

You can also release the shock wave - doing this drains your energy, but it helps you to push off the walls or jump if touching the ground.

Full game will feature:
- 80+ levels in 4 different zones
- boss fights
- unlockable levels
- unlockable characters
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 9th, 2013, 11:35 am

I am in love with games like this. The genre is pitifully underdone, in my opinion. Big hearty yes from me on this one. Plus, the art looks excellent, kind of reminds me of Constant C and Gun Monkeys.

Also, do check out Teagames' Extreme Climbing; similar thing, and it's free.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 10th, 2013, 8:46 am

From dev:
Pre-order 4.99$ and the regular price will be 9.99$ - looks like it's not 40% but 50% discount :)
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post December 17th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Volt for Android will be available this Friday!
We are happy to annouce that Android version of Volt will be available this friday.
It will feature 40+ levels with more to come with every major update. It looks almost the same like the PC version but plays like a proper touch screen game :)
For the best experience it has to be played on devices with a minimum 5.0 inches displays (4.0 is an absolute minimum)

Post December 18th, 2013, 12:58 am

Zone 2 Trailer
phpBB [video]

Zone 3 footage here
http://www.desura.com/games/volt/videos/v-079-gameplay2

Post February 8th, 2014, 5:01 am

Yay Volt is featured! I bought it as soon as I saw it :) I will try it out later today.

The BTA bonus is one of the most interesting one's I have seen. A GBA Rom, pretty cool 8-)
Too bad the Android version of Volt isn't part of the deal.

Offtopic question: Why aren't anymore Featured Game Deals threads created? Even tho I wasn't writing in them very often, I liked reading them and seeing peoples opinions about the deal. Since they are gone, I am not browsing the forum that often anymore.
I tried creating a thread for Volt, but I can't make new topics in that area.

Post February 8th, 2014, 12:23 pm

wimmi wrote:
Offtopic question: Why aren't anymore Featured Game Deals threads created? Even tho I wasn't writing in them very often, I liked reading them and seeing peoples opinions about the deal. Since they are gone, I am not browsing the forum that often anymore.
I tried creating a thread for Volt, but I can't make new topics in that area.

Canj has been away recently, and he's the one who usually makes the threads. I suppose I could have stepped in and made some, but I totally forgot. He should be back soon anyway.

Return to Game Suggestions