Yes, i seen that too, BUT
1) there is page for that game on Desura, which appeared just two days ago
2) This game is not Steam-locked, for example its sold on GOG
3) DailyRoyale uses same account system as IR and Desura. I dont why they shoul not provide executable.
4) Desura page for that game dont have "game requires Steam to run" notice
1. This often happens for IR gmes too if 'Steam-only'
2. Yea, I expect the game itself is unlocked with not even a key-activation
3. Desura/IR don't provide stand-alone versions for all games, that depends on the dev/supplier
4. But it does have the standard 'by invite only' thing so it's not actually for sale @ Desura. They
want/need to make a game page for stuff they don't even sell (bloated much?
Yeah, great, but on GOG we can purchase it without problem. Stupid.
Well. GoG is Polish, Steam, Linden and such are US-based, Desura/IR WAS at least UK/AUS-based.
Regional mumbo-jumbo by different publishers is often the main reason for artificial blocks like this
though so I don't expect it's any of their 'faults' as such, could be in this case the EU-based GoG
can supply the game from a (for us at least) better source..
Now, that i really dislike is..GODDAMN, ANOTHER DEALS?
Check out their FAQ, they intend to sell ONE GAME EVERY DAY once they gather enough popularity. And thats will be not PWYW, at least, not a 1$ deals. IGS, Groupees joined fun and now Desura itself? ZOMG. There was someone here who called it "bubble ready to explode" and i starting to feel like its really going to explode damn soon.
Well. Yes, but that's logical. But that's I think more Linden's 'input' than let's say 'Desura'. The 'deal' is horrid as I said; Steam and Amazon sold it for half this price couple times already. I'd almost suggest looking up the "which Steam games are DRM-free" list there should be. Sure, you'd buy from Steam but you'd not have to use it then as such..
(I'm always popping bubbles so that's likely been me