Board index Gaming Indie Games Indie of the Year Awards

Indie of the Year Awards

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Post December 10th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Not all knows, but there is Indie of the Year Awards taking place on IndieDB (Desura) right now...and first stage is already almost finished.
So, i think peoples should go vote and, maybe IGS should put one of the badges http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indi ... /promotion or something? Not like IGS is part of Desura, but most games here is still Desura-based. Would be nice sign of appreciation and gratitude.

Post December 10th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Agreed.. I know people in IRC have been voting. Maybe that was something else though.

Post December 10th, 2013, 9:35 pm

First stage of voting finished...now Desura will roll out top 100 of qualified games to vote again. Surprisingly, a lot of developers noticed Award only in late stage.
Hope IGS will put badge here too :)

Post December 11th, 2013, 5:34 pm

So, they announced top100. Bleh :(
Most games i voted for is out of nominees - http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indi ... rds/top100
But we can vote for TRI for example.

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:03 pm

IMO the Desura top100 IndieDB awards are based too much on existing popularity/rank on IndieDB - they don't do a good job pointing out more obscure overlooked gems.

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:13 pm

mgnade wrote:
IMO the Desura top100 IndieDB awards are based to much on existing popularity/rank on IndieDB - they don't do a good job pointing out more obscure overlooked gems.

Pretty much what you said. It's a popularity contest, not really a meritocracy necessarily. Also, you were able to vote on games that have been out for years, I hope they at least prune those out of the top 100...

The fact Soda Drinker Pro made it into the top 100 pretty much says it all.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Well, in rules is said that games that have not made significant progress in 2013 is not eligible to be nominated.
But yeah, totally disappointing results. I oped to see Phr00t games in top100

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:55 pm

On the plus side, the 'upcoming games' section, while featuring almost nothing I was hoping to see, has introduced me to some totally sweet looking games that I am now tracking.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 11th, 2013, 7:27 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
On the plus side, the 'upcoming games' section, while featuring almost nothing I was hoping to see, has introduced me to some totally sweet looking games that I am now tracking.

Vote for them then, since games who win is forced to make release on Desura if they not did it yet.

Return to Indie Games