Board index IndieGameStand Featured Game Deals OIO [Dec 10th-13th]

OIO [Dec 10th-13th]

Official threads for IndieGameStand's 4-day game deals

Post December 10th, 2013, 9:05 am

Drawing inspiration from the mythologies of Icarus and timeless fairytales, OIO is the story of a little wooden man, awakened when a stray beam of sunlight pierces the twilight subterranean world in which he and his hand-carved compatriots stand frozen in time. Alone in being reanimated, OIO embarks on a perilous journey through the vast organic netherworld with only his wits and a handful of seeds to overcome the challenges before him and climb towards the light. As the journey unfolds, OIO will learn of the fate that befell his petrified companions, seek a way to free them from their inanimate tyranny, and come face to face with his greatest challenge.

KEY FEATURES:

- A new approach of classic platformer with an original and fresh core gameplay: grow up to three wooden beams and combine them to progress.
- Get on a memorable journey through a wooden made universe to unveil the darkness surrounding the world.
- Deep exploration of the levels rewarded by revealing the past of this strange universe.
- 12 levels across various environments from the underground to the top of a gigantic construction.
- Original and dynamic music made by Analept.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post December 10th, 2013, 10:02 am

Is there any possibility of Desura keys?

If not then sorry but I will pass. I just prefer to have all my non-Steam indie game on Desura and I know of others who feel the same as well.

Thanks

Post December 10th, 2013, 11:36 am

Motoki wrote:

If not then sorry but I will pass. I just prefer to have all my non-Steam indie game on Desura and I know of others who feel the same as well.

Thanks

+1
Interested in Desura keys too!

Post December 10th, 2013, 11:37 am

Seconded.
I have had this game a good while now from an IR bundle,
but a main feature should offer a (Desura) key I'd say if it's on a
gaming platform. The BTA game even offers a Steam key which is
(sadly) valued more by 'the masses'..

Post December 10th, 2013, 12:55 pm

(dammit, implement autosave of post already, writing second time)
I doubt we will have Desura keys here. Develiper of OIO went bankrupt some time ago and sold game completely to Bulkypix\PlugInDigital (no one of them developed OIO), and these distributors, known, as usually, as Steam-oriented ones. Doubt tey will come here to chat or answer questions.
As for game - its nice physics puzzler-platformer with some flavor of Trine and so on. Nice art
I would be more happy to have OIO in BTA and Puddle in base sale since i already have OIO.

Motoki wrote:

Thanks

Well. IGS is not bad source of DRM-free downloads too. Its cannot be compared with Desura, but i haven't yet any problem with it. If you like this game its ok to purchase it anyway.
Last edited by Toyotame on December 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 10th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Oh damn, I bought Puddle yesterday from a different site, and today it's part of this deal.
Even tho it would be more expensive to get it here, I would have much rather bought it here, as I have heard that this other place is having some security issues. :(

Post December 10th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Just bought it, but I don't see any Mac download - any sugestions?

Post December 10th, 2013, 10:10 pm

anbun wrote:
Just bought it, but I don't see any Mac download - any sugestions?

I cannot say anything about IGS, but on Desura there is mac version present.

Post December 11th, 2013, 12:42 am

Really enjoying the game, but I'm experiencing a game breaking bug. Can't finish level 4; my guy just runs off the edge at the end of the level. I read on another forum that the bridge at the end of the level should collapse, but it doesn't do that either. Anyone else having this problem?

Post December 11th, 2013, 8:22 am

cgothberg wrote:
Really enjoying the game, but I'm experiencing a game breaking bug. Can't finish level 4; my guy just runs off the edge at the end of the level. I read on another forum that the bridge at the end of the level should collapse, but it doesn't do that either. Anyone else having this problem?

If support has been effectively withdrawn, best have a go at the Desura page to see if anything pops up from before for a solution.

Post December 11th, 2013, 2:17 pm

For anyone who was having a similar problem: IGS tech support alerted me that they've uploaded a more up-to-date build of the game that should fix the bug.

There's also a mac version available for download now.

Post December 11th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Is Puddle DRM-free *plus* Steam, or just Steam?

Post December 11th, 2013, 4:50 pm

There should be downloadables for Puddle up there. Please just let us know if there's a problem or contact tech support, but I think everything's been cleared up now.

Post December 13th, 2013, 5:45 pm

Does Plugin Digital actually have the correct authority to put Puddle in as a bonus on this deal? They put Puddle in the current Bundle Bandits bundle and it got removed because they did not have the correct authority to do this. Please see here:

https://twitter.com/Windlikes/status/409911289163423745

Neko Entertainment
Ok! So Bundlebandits is not responsible for that. Our distribution partner took right he didn't have. Should be solve soon. Thx!!

I have notified Neko Entertainment that Puddle has been put in this Indie Game Stand deal to see if they really authorized it or if Plugin Digital again took rights they didn't have like they did with the Bundle Bandits bundle.

Return to Featured Game Deals