Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf

Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would You Support This Game For IGS?

Yes
10%
No
70%
Don't Know
20%

Total votes : 10

Post December 9th, 2013, 2:30 am

phpBB [video]

Game: Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf
Platform: PC (Desura, DRM-free, Steam Greenlight)
Developer: [urlhttp://www.overcastgame.com/]Microblast Games[/url]

Game Description:
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf is a western Survival Horror game developed by Microblast Games.
The game tells the story of an old hunter who lives alone in the woods, without any connection with the society, making nature his only form of livelihood. However, Walden, as it is called the hunter and the game's protagonist, began to be haunted by a mysterious creature that destroyed the village located near his cabin, killing every person residing on the premises. Now, Walden wants revenge. To accomplish this, the old hunter will hunt the beast, adventure in which he will be faced with numerous horrifying scenarios, alarms and anomalies that only an horror classic can provide.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post December 9th, 2013, 5:16 am

It's in the weekly Groupees Spotlight right now. Looks very "meh" to be honest. If I were to play this type of game I would much rather go with the Penumbra series, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Miasmata, Outlast, or the upcoming "The Forest".

Post December 9th, 2013, 7:49 am

No from me. Would be 3rd 'bundled' time in a short span
and horror games just don't appeal to me at all as there's rarely
anything scary in it to me. Does seem there's mixed opinions on this
one though, some people seem to love it so pick it up @ Groupees
if you want it..

Post December 10th, 2013, 9:45 pm

After ;looking on Youtube videos i decided that while its scary, its not my thing.

Post December 10th, 2013, 10:06 pm

What is the deal with posting stuff while it is on other bundles/"spotlights"? Give me a break. That and I don't want it.

Post December 10th, 2013, 10:14 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
What is the deal with posting stuff while it is on other bundles/"spotlights"? Give me a break. No. You also suggested the last 'spotlight' thing while it was new... NO.. just NO.

Agree. While i can understand posting some of games from running bundles, especially, "unsplittable" IndieRoyale, i totally dont see any reason in suggesting here game which can be purchased RIGHT NOW for basically SAME price as here with SAME features (like Desura key included).
You will purchase Overcast here or on Groupees for same 1$ and get Desura key, is it big difference?

Post December 10th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Toyotame wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:
What is the deal with posting stuff while it is on other bundles/"spotlights"? Give me a break. No. You also suggested the last 'spotlight' thing while it was new... NO.. just NO.

"unsplittable" IndieRoyale

Also totally agree on the IR reference. Having been on IR doesn't seem to too negatively affect ability to resell well. I'm sure it doesn't help, but it doesn't hurt too much. I think most developers have realized they can make more money on IGS than other sites, but we'll see.

Post December 10th, 2013, 11:55 pm

I think this looks cool, but the lantern and gun take up way too much of the screen
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Return to Game Suggestions