Talk about anything!

Show me your thumbs

Thumbs up!
89%
Thumbs down!
11%

Total votes : 9

Post October 19th, 2013, 4:26 pm

that would be awesome! :D If you want maybe I could give you some money for something small if you think it won't take too much of your time, but if it will be too time consuming then I totally understand.

DUDE! You live in Ottawa?!? I live in Ottawa too! WTF! :D

Post October 19th, 2013, 4:50 pm

jasondesante wrote:
that would be awesome!
DUDE! You live in Ottawa?!? I live in Ottawa too! WTF! :D

I'd take a look at video copilot for starters. Guy is insane. Some really great tutorials there. And Creative Cow is a great community for this sort of thing. Sorry I can't help you any more than that!

Also yeah, I'm in Ottawa! :D
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 19th, 2013, 5:28 pm

nice links! Looks like I'll be learning a whole new skill just to get this one small thing accomplished.....ahhh! Thanks for the help though! Any tips on your absolute favorite tutorials or any that help show exactly what you did there? I'm probably going to fail miserably and not accomplish anything since I'm so bad at making anything creative that is visual.

Watching some videos though so I'm givin'r a try :)

Post October 19th, 2013, 5:39 pm

jasondesante wrote:
nice links! Looks like I'll be learning a whole new skill just to get this one small thing accomplished.....ahhh! Thanks for the help though! Any tips on your absolute favorite tutorials or any that help show exactly what you did there? I'm probably going to fail miserably and not accomplish anything since I'm so bad at making anything creative that is visual.

For creating the 3D IGS icon, you can do the same using the steps outlined in this one:

phpBB [video]

Just look up some basic 3D animation tutorials and you should be good to go. If you want particle effects... that's a whole other thing.

Post December 9th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Just in case anybody cares, I put this up in my portfolio. :)

http://www.behance.net/gallery/IndieGam ... n/12938469

Post December 10th, 2013, 9:57 am

Yep, I would stick with some video co-pilot for sure. They are easy to follow.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Previous

Return to General Discussion