Board index Gaming Indie Games So, I wanna start streaming...

So, I wanna start streaming...

Talk about all things indie gaming here

Post December 8th, 2013, 3:02 pm

As the title says, I wanna start a stream channel and I thought that I should play only a type of games and I choose Indie Games because I consider them to be so much fun to play. The problem is that I don't know with what game to start and I thought that you guys would help me. So please guys , can you recommend some indie game to start streaming with ? Can you make me a list of your recommendation please ? It will help me a lot

Post December 8th, 2013, 3:47 pm

I can only recommend games from that i tried and liked myself. So, it would be better if you specify at least genre, but how about Freedom Fall, 3089, Qasir Al Wasat,, Hackwork, Syder Arcade, DriftMoon, Operation Smash, Frogatto & Friends, Underrail (hardcore!), Darwinia, Diehard Dungeon, Real Texas and so on...
All these games is different genre and basically have a little of common except being praised by me.

Post December 8th, 2013, 4:16 pm

It doesn't really matter the genre as long that they are indie.
I want some games that are really fun to play because I guess that's what people are looking for. And if they are Co-Op or Multiplayer it's much better I guess.
I will check every single game that you listed Toyotame and thank you for your answer buddy.

Post December 8th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Muiredhach wrote:
It doesn't really matter the genre as long that they are indie.
I want some games that are really fun to play because I guess that's what people are looking for. And if they are Co-Op or Multiplayer it's much better I guess.
I will check every single game that you listed Toyotame and thank you for your answer buddy.

In case of multilayer its not very much my thing. Maybe someone else recommend something in that area, but there is Guncraft, Tower of Nations and Omegalodon with good multiplayer. Maybe 3079 too.

Post December 8th, 2013, 4:43 pm

I also forgot to say that I really enjoy the 2d, like Terraria or Starbound if you have any recommendation regarding this type I'll be glad the know.

Post December 8th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Pick very new/lesser known games if you want people to actually find you.
Not much use in being the 10,001st Terraria Let's Player..

Pick something that's exciting to watch, skip games with long build-up/building
phases at least to start out. It's not very appealing to watch somebody build
a house then go adventuring after like 1 week of watching or static things like
point-and-click adventures or real RPG's which most people even don't like to play.

IMO go for an action game, rogue-like dungeon-crawler or such. Those have short
play 'turns' so it's more interesting to watch and if you continue on, people can see
you get better and better and see more of the game.

From Toyo's list I'd suggest Freedom Fall, 3089, Syder, Operation Smash and
Diehard Dungeon although it depends on what exactly you plan to stream and for how
long.

Have a look at Greenlight and pick games you'd like to play yourself, gives you a great place
to promo your vids and the devs will likely love the attention.

If I'd have to pick a few from the top of my mind, I'd suggest Ring Runners, Darkout, FootLOL,
Last Knight, Man in a Maze. Bit of everything there, and cheaper games fresh to Steam or just
Greenlit. Less competition for you on the Youtube search too.

Post December 8th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Guess, that i have to agree with Duck a lot. Not all games is dynamic enough to be watched with interest, albeit Driftmoon can be hardly considered RPG.

Post December 8th, 2013, 6:42 pm

I recommend Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers. It's not a long game, but it's fantastic.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 8th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Im personally all junkied up on Paper Sorcerer right now, to which there is an underwhelming amount of info on. Just my 2cp

Post December 8th, 2013, 10:04 pm

In my opinion the best games to stream are ones you can do multiple runs of in one sitting, Rogue like likes, or whatever the hell they are calling them these days. Some prime examples would be Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, and Risk of Rain, those are three big ones. One that I would like to see more that is kind of in the same category, Legend of Dungeon.

Another type you see streamed a lot, tough platformers. Electronic Super Joy was getting streamed a bunch a while back. Rogue Legacy was as well, and that one also fits into the category above as well. People like to watch people rage I guess *shrug*. A Walk in the Dark is a platformer I'd like to see streamed, great game you don't see enough of.

Lastly, Starbound, because everyone is doing it, and well, it is fun to watch.

Post December 9th, 2013, 6:21 am

Thank you so much guys for the suggestions. I'll be looking at all of them.
If you have more suggestions please feel free to post.

EDIT: Guys , what do you think about Eldritch ??

Post December 9th, 2013, 7:47 am

Eldrich is definitely not for me but it's a new game, fresh of Greenlight,
all-time-player-high of 116 on Steam.

One in a big stream of games just like it while offering more visual appeal
than by far most to me. I'd suggest going for it if it appeals to you and see
if you get enough positive feedback to maybe do more of the same type of game..
It's been 50% off already so I'd suggest getting the vid on it out before Xmas sale
for bonus hits ;-)

Post December 9th, 2013, 11:48 am

From what i know, most popular streams are Multiplayer games. so I recommend #10) KAG
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Post December 9th, 2013, 11:54 am

Muiredhach wrote:
So guys , this is my final list with games. Please help me choose.
2.Risk of Rain
5.Rogue Legacy
6.Agarest: Generations of War
14.Dungeons of Dredmor
15.Desktop Dungeons
16.Spelunky

Thank you very much guys for your suggestions. Really glad that I found out about this community !

I'd say to go with any of the listed above.

Post December 9th, 2013, 12:21 pm

3.Divekick
4.Blood of the Werewolf
7.Hammerwatch
9.Legend of Dungeon
10.King Arthur's Gold
11.Treaure Adventure Game (THE NEW ONE I ASSUME?)
12.Super Crate Box
15.Desktop Dungeons
16.Spelunky
17.Paper Sorcerer
19.Eldritch

I'd pick one of these I think. TAG, DD, Eldritch being my top 3; KaG close 4th but you'd want a team, not randoms for MP play-throughs.

Post December 10th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Hey guys , I just wanna thank you all for your support and for everything. Soon, maybe at the end of this week, I will start streaming . And one more question for you guys , and I wanna hear your opinion. I was thinking to make a schedule and tell me please if it's a good idea to make like this.
First of all , Monday and Tuesday to play , lets say for example .... Eldritch . For Wednesday and Thursday to play , again an exeomple ... Risk of Rain . And Friday to make something "special" and to make weekend follower , I mean , everyone who watch my channel to propose a game and I will decide which one to play based of a pool or something and to play it the whole weekend and try to end it. And then I will comeback to my usual schedule .
So what do you say guys , is this a good idea ??

Post December 10th, 2013, 7:40 pm

My only suggestion is to do it, regardless. Taking that step is all that matters and don't worry about anything else. If you actually do it, you have already succeeded.

Post December 11th, 2013, 8:19 am

There's live and live-recorded, mind. Take things as they come for you, record
1 game completely or till a point you're comfortable with, then move on to the next,
cut the two into logical pieces and schedule the uploads.

Beyond the odd vlog and interview, I can't think of any channel where live=actually live
and even most vlogs/interviews are pre-recorded.

The 'requested' feature should be nice but not maybe just advertise it a bit on your
channel first, then actually do it. Even like 1 voted-for game per month could work well.

It's your schedule, you have to pick. Just don't make it too tight for yourself if you want
to keep somewhat sane ;)

Post December 11th, 2013, 11:32 am

PlayerReview and Duck thank you so much guys.
So I've been thinking and I'll probably would go with 1 game for 5 days then the follower weekend and then again 1 game for 5 days and I think that's good enough for start .
And I probably should do how you say it Duck , just advertising in my first week about the follower weekend and then from the second week I think I should go with it .
Thank you guys , you're very helpful.

Next

Return to Indie Games